Tips for Dynaflange sounds

JD0x0

So I've done my first attempt at a sort of Zappa dynaflange sound using this video to help me.

But I feel a bit lost in controlling the de-tune effect. I can't seem to get it more extreme without it sounding kind of wonky and processed. This is all very new to me, so I'm not sure where to tweak from here.

Attachments

• Dweezy does it.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
Go into Axe-Edit, choose Manage Presets in the Tools menu, use the filter block to search.
I've tried searching for 'Dyna' and also 'Flange' separately. None of them seem to be what I'm looking for. I even came across "Dweezil's Bassguy" but that wasn't it either :sweatsmile:

I've tried searching for 'Dyna' and also 'Flange' separately. None of them seem to be what I'm looking for. I even came across "Dweezil's Bassguy" but that wasn't it either :sweatsmile:
Hmmm... Well, I don't have the factory presets anymore so I can't help more :(

Yeah, it was. Scene 3. ;)
Well, that's strange. For my unit "Dweezil's Bassguy" has no scene names. Scenes 1-3 are all the same thing, and if I activate the FX, they don't do the dynaflange sound. What am I missing here? To be clear, my unit is factory new, and I didn't edit any of the factory presets yet.

Edit tried importing factory presets from FAS website, and I get the same outcome with that patch.

Attachments

• Dweezil's Bassguy.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Untitledpreset1.png
    Untitledpreset1.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wasn’t there another preset that was shared from the live video thing with Dweezil. Some kind of Axe FX event or something? I have a few different ones and I don’t know where they came from. I thought M@tt made one

FM3 factory presets:
055 - DWEEZIL'S BASSGUY
182 - DYNAMOFLANGER
I'm using the AXEFX III MKII, not the FM3. I've already tried importing the factory presets, and it gives me the same results. Neither of those presets sounds anywhere near the effect Dweezil was demonstrating in the video, or what I would associate with the dynaflange sound. At least, on my unit.

055 gives me a high gain amp, with typical digital delays and modulation FX when activated. No scenes or scene names.
182 gives me a driven amp with a typical flanger sound. Scene two removes the flanger.

I even cleared ALL presets from the unit, so my axe FX was blank, then reuploaded the factory presets from FAS website.
Dweezil's bassguy still looks like this for me, and no dynaflange. Scenes 1-8 are all the same thing, even after reuploading factory presets multiple times.

Did a firmware break this or something? Would anyone be willing to upload their working "Dweezil Bassguy" preset for me to try on my unit and see if it does the same thing? I have no idea why this is happening.

Attachments

• Untitledpreset1.png
    Untitledpreset1.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 5
The presets from the FM3 can be used on the Axe-Fx III -- just grab the FM3 factory bank files and poke through them in using Axe-Edit until you find the mentioned presets.
Thanks!

So, the FM3 presets seem to work properly, but not the factory presets for the AXEFX3. Is this a known issue?

Back
Top Bottom