Tips for avoiding clipping while using heavy reverb / delay?

no i was referring to if it's in parallel, doing a drastic low cut won't affect your tone as much because your dry signal is preserved.

OP here for an update.

I dropped my presets output down about 3db and used more low cut than normal (around 170 for my reverbs). Things haven't been clipping, but I am finding the reverb, especially in 'hold' mode, does not have as much body to it. It's probably not that noticeable, but that's what I'll be figuring out next.

Thanks again for all the tips!

do not use the damn reverb.
sorry, i just couldn't stop myself. i'm having a love-hate-love relationship with it. i love it! no, i hate it! i hate it!

Low cut parameter in effect blocks like delay/reverb only affects the wet signal.
exactly what i'm saying...

if you run parallel and do a big low cut in the verb block, it keeps the reverbrations/oscillation from building up and overloading the low end. your dry signal is kept in tact so it doesn't thin out your tone...only solves the problem the OP was referring to.

OP here for an update.

I dropped my presets output down about 3db and used more low cut than normal (around 170 for my reverbs). Things haven't been clipping, but I am finding the reverb, especially in 'hold' mode, does not have as much body to it. It's probably not that noticeable, but that's what I'll be figuring out next.

Thanks again for all the tips!
well if you cut frequencies, you're losing something in that area/obviously. sometimes you have to make concessions.

exactly what i'm saying...

if you run parallel and do a big low cut in the verb block, it keeps the reverbrations/oscillation from building up and overloading the low end. your dry signal is kept in tact so it doesn't thin out your tone...only solves the problem the OP was referring to.

I'm not sure what you mean. What would be parallel to the reverb block in your example?

I was saying the reverb low cut parameter only affects the wet portion of the signal. If you place reverb in series and set the mix % to whatever you want, the dry signal gets through with no low cut applied, just like it would if you routed it through via shunt parallel to reverb block.

exactly what i'm saying... if you run parallel and do a big low cut in the verb block,
hmm, since the Low Cut in the Reverb block only affects the Wet signal, you can get the same effect in Series as well. since it's only affecting the Wet - right?

Back
Top Bottom