Tips for a realistic Spring Reverb sound?

What is the boing parameter supposed to do? I turned it all the way up and all the way down and don't think I heard anything change.

What is the boing parameter supposed to do? I turned it all the way up and all the way down and don't think I heard anything change.

"Improved Spring Reverb algorithm. Also added “Boiiinnng!” parameter which controls the “springiness” of the reverb."

Make sure the type is set to a spring reverb type.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the fractal spring reverbs. Starting with the fx8 and now the axe 3. I do find the axe to have more spring noises/drip/jangle, but I sold my fx8 so memory could be fuzzy. Being a clean fender amp guy generally my ears always want some spring reverbs. I can share the block or preset if you like.

Yes please do so.

Here you go this is my main preset that I use for my band. It has the spring reverb set how I like it, 4 gain stages, and some other fx, it also has a preset layout for the FC-12

Attachments

• Primary 10-13.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
I don't understand peoples infatuation with spring reverb when it's a crude method of trying to reproduce a real reverb.

I mean... Playing a Deluxe Reverb with the reverb on 2.5 to 3.5 is a thing of beauty in my experience. I don't think it's about reproducing real reverb. That tube-driven spring reverb sound was an integral part of Fender combo amps (and some heads) throughout the blackface and silverface eras that so many people revere, and beyond that, to me it just sounds really good; surely not for every song or style, but for many. In that sense I think it's pretty easy to understand why people want to replicate it.

I could say that I don't understand why people are so infatuated with tube break-up when the point of an amplifier is to accurately reproduce the signal coming from a guitar, but it would be pretty odd to say that. Same thing when in comes to not understanding why people like spring reverb, in my opinion.

Anyway, you've done an awesome job with the improvements to the spring algorithms over the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom