Tips/Advice on using acoustic guitar with Axe-Fx III?

I am trying to make a good preset for my acoustic electric guitar.

Is "Tube Pre" the best option I should be using? Or is a Roland Jazz 120 or something better?

And is it better to not use any cabinet in the Fractal at all or which cabinet would sound best?

I'm doing all finger style picking.... so would it benefit me to use a compressor, and if so what is the best one and what types of settings should I try? I don't even know if I understand what a compressor is used for I mean I think it kills dynamics and makes everything about the same volume?

Is a "ducking delay" preferable for an acoustic guitar? Any good settings?

Any advice on should chrus be used and if so how much?

Any EQ settings or filters that would sound good?

Also should I rely more on the built in EQ of my acoustic guitar or would it be better to set it to flat and use a EQ block in the Fractal?

Of course Reverb is a given.

I use Tube Pre and definitely no cabinet. I haven't tried the Jazz 120, so you might like that better, but in my opinion you don't want to dampen the highs on an acoustic by running it through a cab sim. I do use light compression, but I don't like to set it so that it sounds like there is much compression. I use the optical for acoustic, but the studio would be fine as well. I didn't like the pedal type for acoustic.

As for the effects, use whatever sounds good. I like a little light chorus and a touch of reverb, and really would only use delay on solos (that goes for electric as well usually). Other effects can be nice from time to time. I guess that is all a matter of what effects someone likes.

There is a great taylor preset that i used the ir from and then added a few tasty effects to...but be warned if you do that yoy can never ever go strait to foh again

Back
Top Bottom