Tip of the hat to FracTool

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Hi all,

Just thought I'd give a big shout out to @AlGrenadine for his wonderful Fractool.

With all the Cygnus updates, one of the tedious chores is loading a preset, looking at the amp setting, trying to remember them, then resetting the amp, then settign the (authentic) controls back to what they were.... Well...
  1. Backup your presets,
  2. Open Fractool and Choose the 'Amp Resetter' tab,
  3. Select the parameters you want to keep the same settings,
  4. Enter the presets, or preset range you want to reset the amps in,
  5. Hit apply.
DONE!

Holy ship batman! - could it be easier?

If anyone has a list of the parameters to leave alone, please share it - that's the only thing I'm not sure of.

Thanks Al... great work.
Pauly

Great!

Does that mean we shouldn't use the current FracTool release with the release candidate firmware?
No you can use it but it may create presets with an older internal preset version, so the axefx may update some parameters when loading them, which is not the expected behavior

You deserve it!
In the future, if you're looking for something to add, it'd be great to be able to choose to keep only authentic amp settings. (well that's what I would do if I had the choice).
Thanks again
Pauly
Would have to maintain a list of authentic parameters for each amp, which is too much work

Reactions: yek
Sounds like a great feature!

....if I could actually get it to load. Just keeps constantly crashing at startup. £42 wasted... :(

Yes, that is true.

In fact, if things go as planned, the next version of Axe-Edit will have a feature to reset the amp block while retaining the positions of any "Authentic" controls. In any case you still need to listen to your presets and adjust as needed.
Excellent

Hi Michael,
Thanks for that. It will be very handy for single presets. - so, for @AlGrenadine , in Axe edit, how do you tell if a parameter belongs in the authentic panel?
Thanks
Pauly

Yes, that is true.

In fact, if things go as planned, the next version of Axe-Edit will have a feature to reset the amp block while retaining the positions of any "Authentic" controls. In any case you still need to listen to your presets and adjust as needed.

Although I’ve been an advocate of Al’s products since his earliest hardware efforts (remember that?) , I had never used the batch functions of Fractool til now..as I had just replaced my III banks with fresh @austinbuddy Live Gold and figured they should be properly Cygnified, using the default settings on Fractool’s amp reset, and the results are excellent! So once again thanx and a shekel for the @AlGrenadine tip jar is warranted, and also to @pauly for pointing this out.

Back
Top Bottom