Tip of the day!

jeppekristoffer

Power User
As I am constantly testing new parameters and trying to learn the Axe I yesterday stumbled upon a couple of trix. I only have a rather crappy "frfr" monitor to play through, cheap monitor from Thomann, their own brand. I will probably have to test the Atomic CLR but in the meantime I have to use what I have and try to coax as much as possible out of that. Since no monitor is completely flat you have to figure out in what frequencies yours is lacking. When playing with the Marshall type amps in the axe I have always thought that there was some mid frequency crisp and punch that was lacking so yesterday I put a PEQ block at the end of the chain with a gain setting of 4 dB and Q value around 0.7 and then I swept the frequency from 500 to 2000 and listened. I settled for 1000 Hz. I then transferred that to the GEQ of output 1 and ended up after some tweaking with 1dB+ at 500Hz and 4 dB+ at 1000Hz and 2 dB+ at 2000 Hz. Thus gave me and my monitor "MidCrispHeaven". Of course all monitors have their flaws so you have to listen and fiddle. But holy great what it sounded after that.
Ok.
Tip 2. I tried the Two Stone amp with factory cab. 56. Low output single coils gain at noon. Gave me sweetsinging and cutting gain and when I rolled if the volume knob, there it was that wonderful Two rock cleans. I have got to say that this amp is actually better than the original I tried some weeks ago. Ok back to the tip especially for clean settings. Go to cab block , increase the motor drive parameter to nine o'clock, set the Air frequency to 8000 Hz and the air mix ti 100 %. This really brings the realism to another level. You know, when you can here your fingers slide on the strings, like on a steel string acoustic. NICE!
Take care!
Regards Jesper

Ok. I have to say that tip nbr 2 only works on some clean amps otherwise dirty amps can turn into fizzcraze. But it is an nice parameter anyway.
Bye.

Back
Top Bottom