Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

I'm content with getting the Axe-FX III in May and waiting until Oct/Nov/Fall/Apocalypse for the foot controller rather than waiting until then to get them together. It's a bit ridiculous that the sentiment is that they shouldn't be sold unless together. If you want the FC plugged into the Axe to be satisfied, don't get the Axe until the FC is released... simple as that. In the meantime, use another controller. MFC works fine for me.

Pissing and moaning about not having something that literally doesn't exist yet is fucking ridiculous.

This is just patently WRONG!

As has been stated repeatedly on this forum and (I believe this thread), just about ANY midi controller can be used to control the Axe Fx III.

Please don't post misinformation...

It's about me, I don't own a midi controller or a MFC and I think I clarified the same in the above post. I don't think anything I said is Misinformation, yes it could be Misinterpreted.

I'm content with getting the Axe-FX III in May and waiting until Oct/Nov/Fall/Apocalypse for the foot controller rather than waiting until then to get them together. It's a bit ridiculous that the sentiment is that they shouldn't be sold unless together. If you want the FC plugged into the Axe to be satisfied, don't get the Axe until the FC is released... simple as that. In the meantime, use another controller. MFC works fine for me.

Pissing and moaning about not having something that literally doesn't exist yet is fucking ridiculous.

Good for you if your so content.

We all are as well. No one's pissed.

Initially I don't think it was clear that FC would take so much of time, if it was, then I would have gladly followed your kind advise to wait. You should have posted this kind suggestion of yours in June :)

If you have read this forum carefully, initially it was stated that the shipping would start somewhere in Sep, and later it was updated as Fall.

:p they won't sell the car either, if they don't have the right specs of tyres, right?

Here we have already bought the beast, but we can't take it out for a spin.
Your analogy just isn’t congruent.

No major version of the Axe-Fx launched with a FAS footcontroller. None ever. There are many midi controllers available that can be used.

If “we” couldn’t gig with the Axe3, then how are Neal Schon, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, and many other forum members using the Axe3 live every day?

I understand you clarified to suggest that you prefer not to. But that’s exactly it. You prefer not to gig until you have an FC from FAS. For particular reasons, it’s a choice you’ve made.

I’m not arguing that it’s a bad choice, I’m not saying anyone is wrong about their preferences, and I’m not saying anyone can’t feel frustrated that it’s taking so long. I’m just saying that to claim the Axe3 is unusable by any regard is just not accurate at all. If so, every Axe-Fx ever has been unusable, which just isn’t true.

Saying the Axe3 isn’t usable is misinformation.

No major version of the Axe-Fx launched with a FAS footcontroller. None ever. There are many midi controllers available that can be used.

If “we” couldn’t gig with the Axe3, then how are Neal Schon, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, and many other forum members using the Axe3 live every day?

I understand you clarified to suggest that you prefer not to. But that’s exactly it. You prefer not to gig until you have an FC from FAS. For particular reasons, it’s a choice you’ve made.

I’m not arguing that it’s a bad choice, I’m not saying anyone is wrong about their preferences, and I’m not saying anyone can’t feel frustrated that it’s taking so long. I’m just saying that to claim the Axe3 is unusable by any regard is just not accurate at all. If so, every Axe-Fx ever has been unusable, which just isn’t true.

Seems usable for the dozen gigs I've done with it

Yeah, I could have setup one of my Helix foot units a long time ago. I just chose to keep gigging them because I didn't want to configure foot control twice.
As others have said, any MIDI pedal will work. I just personally choose to wait on my FC-12 to come home where it belongs... :D:cool:

Moderators post their opinions too. If you’re harboring some hidden expectations that moderators need to be extra nice or something when they wade into discussion threads but you can snipe at them consequence-free...well, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Tone it down.
Better here than on other forums though, right?

Hey Chris, it all started with just an enquiry about the possible shipping dates. I think this is going too far, and things are getting misinterpreted which i honestly dont mean to, without knowing the complete context. If you read my posts no where have I said that AXE3 can't be used or is not usable. It's an awesome piece of gear. So i would appreciate if we leave this here.
Thanks for your replies.

Guys, all I said was, something along the lines of: It’s October - is there a ship date? I’m a reasonable customer, and I’ve always been positive.

Hi All,

The sliding dates have been, as you might expect, due to circumstances beyond our control. Of course we want to ship the FC as soon as possible and are doing everything we can to get them to you. As much as I loathe to say it, I admit that sometimes, complaining helps; in this case, unfortunately, it cannot.

Fall started last week and ends on December 22. We still expect to be shipping the FC units by then. If not, I will share any new information as soon as I have it.

Last edited:
Hi All,

The sliding dates have been, as you might expect, due to circumstances beyond our control. Of course we want to ship the FC as soon as possible and are doing everything we can to get them to you. As much as I loathe to say it, I admit that sometimes, complaining helps; in this case, unfortunately, it cannot.

Fall started last week and ends on December 22. We still expect to be shipping the FC units by then.
You’ve always been helpful, especially with the quick turn-around back in April. Thanks for the update.

FC.... I want one, don't need one, on waiting list.. will just keep sipping the awesome bottle of wine until then. I know many here need one for gigging but there are many on the market in the less expensive area to tie one over during the wait.

Hi All,

Fall started last week and ends on December 22. We still expect to be shipping the FC units by then.
Thanks for the straight update, it helps.

In the meanwhile, I have also become very good at programming the MFC to work with the Axe-Fx III. This combination is in place on some pretty big fall tours already. Ask questions under the MFC forum and I'll do what I can to help.

:p they won't sell the car either, if they don't have the right specs of tyres, right?

Here we have already bought the beast, but we can't take it out for a spin.
If you read my posts no where have I said that AXE3 can't be used or is not usable.
Maybe this was all confused by an analogy, but this made it seem like you said the Axe3 can’t be used.

Regardless we have an update now and I think everyone understands the frustrations and questions being asked.

Thanks everyone!

Hi All,

Fall started last week and ends on December 22. We still expect to be shipping the FC units by then. If not, I will share any new information as soon as I have it.

Sincerely appreciate the update. Helps to ease the anxiety.

Guys, all I said was, something along the lines of: It’s October - is there a ship date? I’m a reasonable customer, and I’ve always been positive.
I don’t know if you’re reasonable, but I’m pretty sure you either a) need a new calendar, or b) haven’t consulted one.
Today is September 27th.

Back
Top Bottom