Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

I disagree. Fractal isn't competing with Line6 on the FC, they're competing with midi pedal manufacturers. And in terms of interaction with the AxeFX3, Fractal already has them all beaten coming out of the starting gate.

Austin
I am sure Fractal is way above and is/may be not competing with Line 6. What i meant in general is what else will fractal offer considering price and functionality compared to its competitors (line 6 midi controller being one of them).

I am sure Fractal is way above and is/may be not competing with Line 6. What i meant in general is what else will fractal offer considering price and functionality compared to its competitors (line 6 midi controller being one of them).

Why do they need to offer anything else ? They represent on aspect of the market and do well in it. You can’t be the high end flagship and also cater to the lower end offerings.

It would be like a nice steak house also offering a dollar menu.

There is demand for both, but you generally look for one or the other.

Why do they need to offer anything else ? They represent on aspect of the market and do well in it. You can’t be the high end flagship and also cater to the lower end offerings.

ummm, ax8

Ok, but isn't competition healthy? What if you get best of both the world's.... please don't get me wrong, I am already a proud owner of Axe FX3 and love it to the core. And would love to get my fc12 asap.

Curious. How do you use each one?
I do this mainly for beta testing. When new firmware or a new version of Axe-Edit III comes out, I want to make sure it plays nicely with both the FC and MIDI Controllers. I generally have the MIDI controller set up to do preset changes, a CC footswitch and an expression pedal. The FC-6 does everything else, including another expression pedal.

It’s cool that I can, for example, use the FC to change presets, and the use the MIDI controller to do the same thing. No swapping gear. Just stomp and done. The Axe III really plays well with both devices at once.

Last edited:

But if a nice steak house serves dollar menu chicken nuggets, I don't expect to pay a steak price on it. I'm not at all saying that's what Fractal's doing since none of us know what the FC is like yet, just commenting on your analogy.

ummm, ax8

Gee never heard of that.... oh wait, I’ve owned two lol

Yes I know about the Ax8 and no, I’m not saying FAS should have only one product.

The Ax8 however is still a premium priced product, though great bang for the buck.

What I’m saying is FAS doesn’t need to have soemthing at every price point. They don’t need $299 products and $599 products and then $1100 products and $2499 products. They exist in the mid to high level market and excel with those products. They sell great, as fast as they can make them.

I don’t think they would be well served by offering lower end offerings, I think it would dilute the brand name and result in compromises in performance to meet a price point. World doesn’t need a FAS lite product that is like taking a Mooer quality box and sticking a FAS logo on it and selling it for $99. Now anyone can say they own a Fractal, just like their guitar hero’s right ?

Can’t be all things to all people. FAS exists within a certain market for certain price points just like any other brand.

Now anyone can say they own a Fractal, just like their guitar hero’s right ?

Ironically, your sarcasm refuted your stance.

There's plenty of companies that stay in a high/medium/low end product market and there are plenty that deliver in multiple segments. There are no absolutes here.

Thread highjack! First thing I'm going to do after getting an FC12/6 is remove those damn handles from the top. I have a grinder and I'm not afraid to use it. (Insert green puke face emoji here.)

Ironically, your sarcasm refuted your stance.

There's plenty of companies that stay in a high/medium/low end product market and there are plenty that deliver in multiple segments. There are no absolutes here.
Maybe Fractal will offer their software amp modelling to compete with Helix Native.

Thats a steep step up from removing the plastic on the screen ;) I do approve of your boldness though

Just wanted to bump this thread again to see if any new information has been released. I know tentative release date was October. Is that still happening?

Touch capacitance footswitches are an amazing timesaver and so far have been very reliable, I’ve owned both a Helix Rack, Fx2 and have an Fx3 on order, just because some “lesser” brand has a bit of a brainwave and an ergonomic advantage it doesn’t mean that it should be dismissed readily

Touch capacitance footswitches are an amazing timesaver and so far have been very reliable, I’ve owned both a Helix Rack, Fx2 and have an Fx3 on order, just because some “lesser” brand has a bit of a brainwave and an ergonomic advantage it doesn’t mean that it should be dismissed readily
Touch capacitance is a cool feature. Sadly, it tends to get dodgy when moisture is involved. A little rain or a little beer splashed on your pedal, and all bets are off. I agree that a second-tier product shouldn’t be dismissed as having no redeeming value.

viY2btL.jpg

img_20180517_213543_839-jpg.46822

Pink or is it some type of light reflection from the background.....?

Back
Top Bottom