Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

Any way to choose your ring colors or an alternative for us green and red color blind guys? The MFC kills me!

Patiently waiting for some kind of a manual for the FC6 :)
Really love the design and size and curious how we can control all the options given with only 6 switches...:)
Great job !

looks great ,BTW if you do have a chance at some point could you or any of the beta guys post a photo showing the viewing window black background white text ?

I know Cliff mentioned that option is there , I just think it would be a little bit easier to read

If I worked for Line 6 I would do a firmware update for the Helix 12 controller to work with the Axe 3. I have an FC-12 on order only because I have no other choice with a reasonable Squibble strip controller. $300 difference for the same controller function is ridiculous.
Line6 would need to know the Axe Fx III midi spec first, which has not been released yet.

I think you mean "scribble strip"... I don't know what a "Squibble strip" is, but I've seen you write the same thing in several posts.

Also, unless you are special, I don't think you have an FC-12 "on order"... Although you are probably on the waitlist, no invites to purchase have gone out yet. Once you've got an invite and actually process a purchase, then it's ordered.

I am going to try next week to get my Helix to work to control the Axe.

Are you referring to the Helix Control? I thought that only had an Ethernet connection, which the Axe Fx III doesn't have. Or do you mean the actual Helix floor unit? Because I think others have successfully used that as a controller already.

If I worked for Line 6 I would do a firmware update for the Helix 12 controller to work with the Axe 3. I have an FC-12 on order only because I have no other choice with a reasonable Squibble strip controller. $300 difference for the same controller function is ridiculous.

So buy "cheap" Line 6 products to go with your "Helix 12 controller" ... problem solved, be happy.

For me; I'll gladly pay for "Fractal" quality over "cheap" any given day.

So buy "cheap" Line 6 products to go with your "Helix 12 controller" ... problem solved, be happy.

For me; I'll gladly pay for "Fractal" quality over "cheap" any given day.

Incredible how you could know that the Fc12, that you still don’t have got, is better than the Helix foot controller.
Maybe yes, maybe not, but saying that for sure reminds me how fanboys talks about things.

It is reasonable, to expect the FAS FC as best suited for an FAS device. I would also expect the same level of compatibility between complementary Line 6 devices. I don’t see why this implies some level of corporate adoration. There is sufficient information now available, to support the assumption.

I have looked into other controllers. My Helix only does presets and scenes.

The Helix allows you to map MIDI CCs to output on switch presses so I think it would be possible to get at least block and channel on/off toggles there. See the Command Center section of the manual.

Has Fractal outlined what the foot controllers can actually do?

If I worked for Line 6 I would do a firmware update for the Helix 12 controller to work with the Axe 3.

I don't think they have any real incentive to do that. Considering even the Sysex specs for Axe-Fx 2 are incomplete on the Wiki, I doubt Fractal has much interest in releasing a full spec for the 3. Having done something like this for the Axe-Fx 2, it was a fair bit of work to read and update Axe-Fx 2 settings over Sysex and I bet the system on the 3 is even more complex.

Hoping this is a bad photo as the text on the large screen and scribble strips is virtually non-existent... is the text just made from ‘dot’s’- I’m sure it’s just a bad angle for the screens but would like my fears quelling :eek:

Hoping this is a bad photo as the text on the large screen and scribble strips is virtually non-existent... is the text just made from ‘dot’s’- I’m sure it’s just a bad angle for the screens but would like my fears quelling :eek:
@andyp13 : that fear reflex gonna be the death of you, bredda! :)

The FC controllers have more visual contrast than consumer-grade cameras can handle. No matter how you shoot it, part of the picture will be black or washed out or both. But your eyes can handle it just fine.

You can go back to not being afraid. ;)

Back
Top Bottom