Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

That's part of why I asked. Conversely, why would you assume otherwise? Either way is an assumption... And since I've seen other controllers with a full ring, it made me think ;)

And I guess that confirms its not a ring...
That's part of why I asked. Conversely, why would you assume otherwise? Either way is an assumption... And since I've seen other controllers with a full ring, it made me think ;)

And I guess that confirms its not a ring...

Eating my words now... :p

I thought they operated independently from when I first saw the pic.

Seems like it could be useful for something if they could operate independently....although with the scribble strip it would be redundant most likely

FC6-2.jpeg

Here is my question....quite simple....which Faslink II jack will you use with the cable when connecting to the Axe III? The one on the left or right? I believe that one of them is for linking to another unit but I just need to know the main one. I'm assuming that the one on the left is the one you would need to use first and the other is for linking? Just ordering some parts and wanted to make sure.

The one on the right. It's a male connector. If you look at the Axe II or III rear, you'll see it takes a normal XLR to connect them to the MFC/FC.

Here is my question....quite simple....which Faslink II jack will you use with the cable when connecting to the Axe III? The one on the left or right? I believe that one of them is for linking to another unit but I just need to know the main one. I'm assuming that the one on the left is the one you would need to use first and the other is for linking? Just ordering some parts and wanted to make sure.
No need to worry about it. Just use a mic cable. Plug one end into the FASLink connector on the Axe III. Plug the other end into the only FC jack it will fit into. Done. :)

From the III to the FC it's the one on the right if you're looking at the back of the FC. But it's a standard microphone cable with XLR connectors. Just buy a microphone cable and you're good to go. No need to worry beyond that.

From the III to the FC it's the one on the right if you're looking at the back of the FC. But it's a standard microphone cable with XLR connectors. Just buy a microphone cable and you're good to go. No need to worry beyond that.

No need to worry about it. Just use a mic cable. Plug one end into the FASLink connector on the Axe III. Plug the other end into the only FC jack it will fit into. Done. :)

Much thx Gents! Will do!

Anybody know if the response time of an expression pedal input is noticeably slower going into the FC and through the Faslink than connecting the expression pedal directly to the pedal jacks in the Axe 3?

Anybody know if the response time of an expression pedal input is noticeably slower going into the FC and through the Faslink than connecting the expression pedal directly to the pedal jacks in the Axe 3?
I highly doubt it. I've been using two expression pedals into my MFC then into my 2 with no latency. I would think the III/FC would be the same if not better.

I highly doubt it. I've been using two expression pedals into my MFC then into my 2 with no latency. I would think the III/FC would be the same if not better.

Good, I hope not, then I can dtch the two 20' TRS cables.

Has anybody compared the 2 ways to see if there is any noticeable difference? I ask because I sometimes toggle the chorus on/off to accent different chords in a phrase. I'm actually amazed by how fast the response is using the TRS pedal inputs on the Axe 2, hope it's not a noticeable difference with the Axe 3 FC6 and Faslink...

Good, I hope not, then I can dtch the two 20' TRS cables.

Has anybody compared the 2 ways to see if there is any noticeable difference? I ask because I sometimes toggle the chorus on/off to accent different chords in a phrase. I'm actually amazed by how fast the response is using the TRS pedal inputs on the Axe 2, hope it's not a noticeable difference with the Axe 3 FC6 and Faslink...
They are different methods... Using an expression pedal thru a controller, the values are read over the short TRS cable and then converted to midi and sent over the midi or FASlink cable.

Otherwise it's an analog signal from the pedal to the Axe Fx.

I've never noticed any lag using the MFC or any other midi controller. I assume the FC will be comparable.

Slow response to expression pedals was eliminated by every manufacturer decades ago. :)

Does it have to get power from a plug outlet, or is it set up like the mfc where you can run the XLR or Ethernet. That’s gonna play a big roll in my purchase

Back
Top Bottom