Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

with how large Axe3 Presets can be, there's no way any foot controller could actually show you every block and its status. use the Axe Front Panel to see this if needed. but it's best to get to a point where you know that Scene 1 has this, Scene 2 has that, etc. at some point, it's best to stop relying on "checking" every preset and scene change, and just hitting the button and playing.

Yeah, as someone who treats each preset as a big pedalboard, the effects on each scene has the potential to be my biggest hangup. Hopefully there will be some user-friendly ways to bring up/dismiss/toggle layouts within one preset with minimal tap dancing.

I had asked Matt about this when FC6 was first announced the switches all have dual purpose
Press or /and hold
So unless something has changed you should be able to have
Scene 1 2 3 for instance on the press function then have a access layout menu
Assigned to say button 3 on hold
Or something like that

I was actually pleased with the price point. I’m wanting the FC-12 and I was hoping it would be about $600-$700. Although, I’m actually pretty pleased with how my MFC is working with my III. But I’m looking forward the the FC-12. Anybody want to but an MFC? :p

Last edited:
Yup. I think the FC would have a cable,correct?
typically, controllers and other gear don't include a cable that's very general, like midi, xlr, or similar. it would be more expensive to include it than to let you shop around for your own with the length and features you want from that cable.

typically, controllers and other gear don't include a cable that's very general, like midi, xlr, or similar. it would be more expensive to include it than to let you shop around for your own with the length and features you want from that cable.

Don't remember but I"m pretty sure my MFC didn't include a ethernet or midi cable, just a power supply. My Axe III didn't include a guitar cable either, just they figure you must have a few of those laying around if your buying the thing in the first place LOL

How's this for a proper Fractal XLR?
https://btpa.com/FAS15-XX.html
n1rhgz8ypduovavsvjzx.jpg

I've grown to really enjoy using scenes, and with the channels features now making each block twice as versatile as they were with just the X/y states that is a ton of different tones you can access with just the press of a single button. I previously ran the MFC in the "one button, one effect" setting, ala a real pedalboard, but in reality I usually wanted to change several things at once. You know, bring in a delay and also turn on a flanger, maybe also a boost, or adjustment of the amp drive etc. Lot of tap dancing to do that, but with scenes, you just set it up so all that stuff happens when you hit 'scene 2', or three or whatever. Cooler on the III now is we can name them, so you could call it "lead" or "solo" or whatever and know what to expect when it happens.

With 6 buttons that is 6 instant scenes I could access and that really should be plenty for my basic needs. That said, I'm thinking I'll probably go with the FC12, just because its "only" $200 more. If I'm spending $500 I can spend $700, know what I mean ? I'd also rather spend a little more, and know I'll have more than enough control, rather than find maybe the 6 isn't enough. Then I end up selling the 6 at a loss, only to go and buy the 12 anyways, making it even more expensive. I suppose with the 12 there could be some cool setups like where you have the looper controls always assigned to certain switches, then scenes 1-8 etc, or 5 scenes 3 presets, etc etc, assuming its assignable in non row only style unlike the MFC was.

But...the FC6 does have 4 extra switch inputs so that could expand it to 10 controls which is pretty good...However...what is the cost of an extra switchbox ? Like $20+, unless you build your own, plus they would need extra TRS cables to connect them... hmmmm, suddenly that could cost like $100 to add on 4 switches, so then that FC6, with 10 switches is up to $600, and those switches aren't going to have scribble stripes, change color etc, so seems the FC12 is back to being more cost effective.

Anyone else going around in circles like this with their logic ? lol

Maybe I'll just buy whatever they have available first

Fair enough. I’m just in shock is all. It will probably wear off. I will either have to pay this price or not gig with the Axe Fx III. Wish there was some kind of bundle discount if you decided to get a Axe and the FC12 but if that eats the profit then there really is nothing to be done.

It's worth it...

and if down the road you think it isn't....... even selling used you will recoup most of your money for quite some time.

Global. You can see this on your III now: Setup > Foot Controllers > Layouts page

CC @Moke who had this question as well.
Thanks Ian. I can't see it on mine because I don't have a III yet... ;-)

It's really unfortunate that they're global. I don't want to always have to fit my pedals to some given layout... it would be SO much better to have layouts per preset like the AX8 does. With as much power as the III has, we can create preset layouts with many different fx blocks, routing, scenes, channels, etc, and being limited to only 12 pedal layouts seems to defeat the whole purpose of having all that flexibility.

I'm also disappointed at how small the scribble strips appear to be. At a readable font size, (i.e. what's shown in Tom's pic of the 12) that's only 4 or 5 characters - the "FC-12" appears to be able to just fit in a scribble strip. I'd much have preferred it having enough characters to be usefully descriptive, like our custom scene names, or the name of the amp etc.

(I know you're just answering a question for us, don't take any of this personally ;-)

Agree (and disagree) with many of the responses.

I consider this, above other FAS products, a bit of a 'hail mary' as far as ordering. In this case I'm going almost completely on faith here. I have ordered the FC6 in that it will fill my meager needs. Without knowing exactly how it will fit into 'what I do'.

R

The way it’s laid out here is exactly what I want so I should be good to go.
5 scenes, 4 IA’s, tuner and up and down.
View attachment 46826
Remember you can have 12 layouts and change layouts with a button... And buttons allow for press or press and hold.

I never intentionally change presets or banks within a song. I'm planning to use only scenes and IAs on my primary layout, and then I'll probably assign one switch with press and hold to bring up a second layout that I can use for changing banks and presets.

That way I get more buttons during a song and I never accidentally change presets or banks!

Remember you can have 12 layouts and change layouts with a button... And buttons allow for press or press and hold.

I never intentionally change presets or banks within a song. I'm planning to use only scenes and IAs on my primary layout, and then I'll probably assign one switch with press and hold to bring up a second layout that I can use for changing banks and presets.

That way I get more buttons during a song and I never accidentally change presets or banks!
Ya, I’ll probably set it up similar to my AX8 where I have F1 and F2 press for scene up and down and hold for bank up and down. I’m super excited. Now the waiting begins again. Wonder if the email invites will start going out in about a month like the III’s did?

Back
Top Bottom