Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

I feel that I should clarify. I have a cover band. We precisely mimic every song, and we play the complex selections. In former times, I used:
* three significant amplifiers
* two (heavy) speaker cabs
* a huge pedalboard with 12 effects

Now I have:
* an FAS processor (recently an AF3)
* a beautiful FRFR cabinet.
* (soon) a full-featured foot control system

Yay.

Last edited:
It may just be me, but I don't think the FC's will trickle out as slow as the the AxeFxIII. That would make for a quick waitlist once they start shipping. I may be wrong but it's just my opinion.

<vent>

I’ve joined the waitlist, but that price for 12 buttons and a few screens for a “dumb” terminal at the price of an iPhone just seems a bit much.

I’m a huge supporter of fractal, will continue to be but i’ve joined the waitlist, but that price for 12 buttons and a few screens for a dumb terminal at the price of an iPhone just seems a bit much. I’m a huge supporter fractal, will continue to be but $800 Just doesn’t seem reasonable.

The MFC which was actually supposed to be a “smart“ terminal cost that much and had many more buttons/switches.

That is not to say that it doesn’t cost FAS a ton of money to make these things and in order to flip them that’s what they have to retail at… But when you look at the marketplace and then you look at a FAS proprietary device that mandates a specific piece of hardware in order to function properly just feels like you’re getting screwed.

I know no one has a gun to my head, but sticker shock hit hard.

Whatever happened to tree fiddy? ;)

</vent>

<vent>

I’ve joined the waitlist, but that price for 12 buttons and a few screens for a “dumb” terminal at the price of an iPhone just seems a bit much.

I’m a huge supporter of fractal, will continue to be but i’ve joined the waitlist, but that price for 12 buttons and a few screens for a dumb terminal at the price of an iPhone just seems a bit much. I’m a huge supporter fractal, will continue to be but $800 Just doesn’t seem reasonable.

The MFC which was actually supposed to be a “smart“ terminal cost that much and had many more buttons/switches.

That is not to say that it doesn’t cost FAS a ton of money to make these things and in order to flip them that’s what they have to retail at… But when you look at the marketplace and then you look at a FAS proprietary device that mandates a specific piece of hardware in order to function properly just feels like you’re getting screwed.

</vent>

I felt that same sticker shock when I saw the price for the FC being high. I also felt that sticker shock for the AXE III but in regards to expecting it to be higher. So now i figure they kind of balance out. :)

I would of liked the units to be a few hundred cheaper as much as anyone, but I look at it this; I’m going to have my Axe III for a few years, just like i did my II. I’m going to use it every single day essentially, and a good foot controller improved my usage significantly.

$200 extra cost for the best possible product over the course of a few years is like $5-10 a month over that time, so is it worth it to me to spend an extra $10 a month for the best ? Absolutely!

I forgot what my mfc cost but I think it was like $750. Totally got my use of of it too. This new one can do a lot more, with scribble strips etc and it’s actually less expensive than the MFC was. On top of that, I sold my MFC for like $425 or so, which actually means my cost of ownership was just $325. Less than $100 a year for a tool that drastically expanded what my Axe II could do.

So I’m for sure getting a new FC, and while they aren’t cheap, I think after the first 5 minutes of using the thing it’s going to feel invaluable, being able to access all those scene and channel changes on the fly, having color coded buttons on a per patch basis etc.

No way I’m going to miss a few hundred bucks in it’s product lifetime, but I think I’d sure miss the control it provides, so essentially, no, I don’t think it’s overpriced when you really consider what it provides, the expcected resale value etc.

I am not surprised at the cost at all, I just assumed that it would be at least $700-$900. If it was over a $1000 than I would have been surprised a little bit.

Am I reading correctly and the FC waitlist is up? I want to get on it as soon as possible, but haven't seen a link to it anywhere.

I got on the list early. So anyone want to buy an FC6 for $1000. Just kidding :D

I was wondering about that. Those of us who already have a Axe FX III should definately get first dibs.

This is a perfect format. Wow and thanks.

I am wondering what the heck those two rails are for. And this FC12 looks VERY familuar. Perhaps a case of from following function?

Only one unit can be powered by the 'Fas-Link 2' connection. If you daisy-chain extra units, you will need to power them with the wall-wart.:confused:

First I don't know who you all work for but I couldn't afford to dasy chain an FC12 at all, lol. What are you all drug smugglers? Hook a brother up, lol.

Second if i could daisy chain them I do wish that I wouldn't have to use a wall wart. That's a bummer.

This new wait list stuff is frustrating. I already have the AxeFx 3 and would like to gig with it so I wish they'd offer the purchase invites to those with the unit instead of dropping the wait list at 6am est while the western half of the country is still asleep.

The Axe Fx III owners should get preferance and I hope they offer a bundle for new buyers.

I think they will sell to those who have axefx IIIs first, why would they sell it to someone who doesn't have one?

Hopefully they will!

<vent>

</vent>

Tree fiddy is way in the rearview. I said what you did a few pages and was told that that is the price the FC12 is and what it needs to be for Fractal to make a profit. It is what it is.

I would of liked the units to be a few hundred cheaper as much as anyone, but I look at it this; I’m going to have my Axe III for a few years, just like i did my II. I’m going to use it every single day essentially, and a good foot controller improved my usage significantly.

$200 extra cost for the best possible product over the course of a few years is like $5-10 a month over that time, so is it worth it to me to spend an extra $10 a month for the best ? Absolutely!

I forgot what my mfc cost but I think it was like $750. Totally got my use of of it too. This new one can do a lot more, with scribble strips etc and it’s actually less expensive than the MFC was. On top of that, I sold my MFC for like $425 or so, which actually means my cost of ownership was just $325. Less than $100 a year for a tool that drastically expanded what my Axe II could do.

So I’m for sure getting a new FC, and while they aren’t cheap, I think after the first 5 minutes of using the thing it’s going to feel invaluable, being able to access all those scene and channel changes on the fly, having color coded buttons on a per patch basis etc.

No way I’m going to miss a few hundred bucks in it’s product lifetime, but I think I’d sure miss the control it provides, so essentially, no, I don’t think it’s overpriced when you really consider what it provides, the expcected resale value etc.

I can see in your use case how a pedal might be worth that amount. But I'm planning on using my Axe Fx III in the studio mostly and will be making tones for others. So I will need the footswitch to verify my programming.

The only thing that makes this palatable to someone like me is that I know that the Fractal fanboys, which i am now one, will pay top dollar for any gear I wish to resale.

Only one unit can be powered by the 'Fas-Link 2' connection. If you daisy-chain extra units, you will need to power them with the wall-wart.:confused:
I cant imagine what I would do with 2, let alone 4, FC12s linked together.

[I am wondering what the heck those two rails are for. And this FC12 looks VERY familuar. Perhaps a case of from following function?]

Yup, which is why I loved it. Makes more sense, if one is playing live and has a real foot. Sharks and porpoises look similar, because they do similar things in similar mediums.

[First I don't know who you all work for but I couldn't afford to dasy chain an FC12 at all, lol. What are you all drug smugglers? Hook a brother up, lol.]

An FC12 is less expensive than two FC6 units. I don’t smuggle drugs, but I have gear acquired over many years. I also have a wife of many years. I’ll sell some more stuff. Anyone need an original brown or black Princeton?

[Second if i could daisy chain them I do wish that I wouldn't have to use a wall wart. That's a bummer.]

Another reason to get an FC12.

[The Axe Fx III owners should get preferance and I hope they offer a bundle for new buyers.]

I can’t see how that’s practical, but you could be right. Starting from scratch each time seems fair enough, eh? As for the price, anyone and everyone can vote with their wallet or their feet. For me, the FC12 is a lower total cost (and much less weight) than my old pedal-board floor control system. Thank god, right?

[I can see in your use case how a pedal might be worth that amount. But I'm planning on using my Axe Fx III in the studio mostly and will be making tones for others. So I will need the footswitch to verify my programming. The only thing that makes this palatable to someone like me is that I know that the Fractal fanboys, which i am now one, will pay top dollar for any gear I wish to resale.]

I understand and support your need(s). I promise to never sell mine for a long time, thereby limiting the overall supply and incrementally increasing demand. That’s the extent of my influence.

Again, I’m only a guitar-player and a consumer. I am otherwise unconnected to the Fractal cats. I wouldn’t say that I’m a “fan-boy”. That said, Leo, Jim, Les, Cliff, and some historical pedal fx innovators, have made products that help me do my thing better and with less. I’m appreciative to all of them.

Last edited:
we've just been through this with the Axe-Fx III. details from early firmware or builds get shared, people freak out, but then things are changed for the better.

i think it's way too early to depend on any of the information being shared right now. we're all excited. but let's let the product develop like every other FAS product has in the past.

I cant imagine what I would do with 2, let alone 4, FC12s linked together.
Me either. I think that I could easily get by with an FC-6 for what I do.

But some folks need more switches to go with their way of doing things. And some will daisy chain extra units for a stage-left and a stage-right setup? or one out front and one back stage for the tech?

Me either. I think that I could easily get by with an FC-6 for what I do.

But some folks need more switches to go with their way of doing things. And some will daisy chain extra units for a stage-left and a stage-right setup? or one out front and one back stage for the tech?

I agree, combining four channels and eight scenes should be able to make the 6 pretty amazing. I was able to do some pretty cool stuff with just the x/y on the ax8. I guess it’s up to what you are comfortable with, can I give up the stomp box way of doing things. The only problem I see for myself has been what effects are running for each scene.

I agree, combining four channels and eight scenes should be able to make the 6 pretty amazing. I was able to do some pretty cool stuff with just the x/y on the ax8. I guess it’s up to what you are comfortable with, can I give up the stomp box way of doing things. The only problem I see for myself has been what effects are running for each scene.

Yeah, as someone who treats each preset as a big pedalboard, the effects on each scene has the potential to be my biggest hangup. Hopefully there will be some user-friendly ways to bring up/dismiss/toggle layouts within one preset with minimal tap dancing.

Back
Top Bottom