Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

Global. You can see this on your III now: Setup > Foot Controllers > Layouts page

CC @Moke who had this question as well.

I do remember Cliff thinking it might be preset controlled tho - like there is currently code in the firmware to change layout with a change in preset? Works for me either way, but if I can create 12 layouts that I can then choose a layout to associate with a preset, that would be huge...

Global. You can see this on your III now: Setup > Foot Controllers > Layouts page

CC @Moke who had this question as well.
Thanks for the reply Ian. As a preset maker, I have some more specific questions about how this is implemented.

Does this mean that the switch functions cannot be saved with the preset, like they can with the AX8? Each one of my AX8 presets has its own switch assignments. With maybe a few exceptions, each one is unique to that preset and its needs. For example, in one preset I may want 4 scenes and 2 effect on/off switches, in another preset I may want 2 scenes, one control switch, and 3 affect on/off switches.

Would these (per preset) switch layouts be saved with the preset and passed on to the buyer? Or will the buyer have to program the recommended switch layout as one of their 12 custom layouts? And would that 'tie my hands' as to how many different layouts that I can use across hundreds of presets? Or is one of the 12 global options a 'per preset' option?

Does this mean that the switch functions cannot be saved with the preset, like they can with the AX8? Each one of my AX8 presets has its own switch assignments. With maybe a few exceptions, each one is unique to that preset and its needs. For example, in one preset I may want 4 scenes and 2 effect on/off switches, in another preset I may want 2 scenes, one control switch, and 3 affect on/off switches.

Would these (per preset) switch layouts be saved with the preset and passed on to the buyer? Or will the buyer have to program the recommended switch layout as one of their 12 custom layouts? And would that 'tie my hands' as to how many different layouts that I can use across hundreds of presets? Or is one of the 12 global options a 'per preset' option?
I don't want to go too far down the hole answering these questions and then have everything I say change. It's early days for the FC. Hold tight. It'll become more solid over the coming weeks.

I don't want to go too far down the hole answering these questions and then have everything I say change. It's early days for the FC. Hold tight. It'll become more solid over the coming weeks.
No worries. I won't be getting one any time soon. Just trying to wrap my head around the possibilities for the future.

This new wait list stuff is frustrating. I already have the AxeFx 3 and would like to gig with it so I wish they'd offer the purchase invites to those with the unit instead of dropping the wait list at 6am est while the western half of the country is still asleep.

This new wait list stuff is frustrating. I already have the AxeFx 3 and would like to gig with it so I wish they'd offer the purchase invites to those with the unit instead of dropping the wait list at 6am est while the western half of the country is still asleep.
I think they will sell to those who have axefx IIIs first, why would they sell it to someone who doesn't have one?

Oh I understand that and am on the list. They'll cross reference, I'm sure (Or hope, rather).
Nobody said that so IMHO yours are only speculations, but everybody is free to think whatever he wants so if it’s fine for you you can hope that but please don’t say I’m sure like somebody who is sure about this.

I can not speak for FAS but in the EU G66 won’t do any kind of cross reference between the two lists.

I haven't gotten a confirmation email, others have reported likewise.

When I signed up for the waitlist, it took a long time to receive my confirmation, and then when it did arrive, it stated the confirmation email was sent within the same minute I sent in my request. It makes me wonder if they have a slow email server/service that is overwhelmed right now and it will eventually catch up and send out the confirmations.

I like the four lights around each foot switch. I am excited about the implementation with channels, like the x/y on the AX8. Lots of options!

Now the F.C. is out could we have info on its MIDI capabilities?
I currently use an expression pedal in to my MFC-101 TP engage a vocal harmony unit on/off (MIDI out of the Axe into MIDI in on the harmony unit....would I be able to do this with a FC6/12 and a III.....

Bloody expensive though - no favours given there - profit profit profit........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom