Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

No they aren’t cheap, but look at the prices of alternatives like RJM, Ground Control etc. Your paying like $400 for a ground control still and that isn’t going to be able to reflect the status of presets with color changing scribble strips etc. RJM and stuff can but then your paying as much if not higher.

To me anything less is false economy. I bought a flagship $2500 processor so I want a controller that can work well with all its features.

A lot of the cheap midi controllers also don’t allow pedal inputs. I use 3 exp pedals so it’s important to me to have inputs for those.

Essentially is like you bought a $100k sports car. Your not going to want to put a set of tires that were 4/$99 at the local Walmart onto the car. Sure it sucks paying for the cost of Z rated premium tires but without them your car can’t put the power to the road, so what was the point of that sports car then?

You can probably find some basic 4 or 5 button midi switcher for like $150 or less. All it’s going to do is change to 4 presets, no feedback from the Axe about effects status, looper controls, etc. Your also not gong to be able to plug any pedals in, other than on the back of the unit.

That could work for some, but in the larger since $3000 for a full featured controller/axe rig that works great and is super configurable sure sounds like a better value to me that spending $2600 or so and having this best processor on the market and being stuck with the control options of a 1990’s midi device

Absolutely ridiculous price
I mean, look at that: It can do absolutely the same stuff for half the price
https://www.thomann.de/de/line6_helix_control.htm

(yes I know it only works with Helix but PLEASE explain to me what makes the Fractal double in price?)

You could make that argument for a million different products. What makes a high end watch many times the price of a Seiko or similar ?

What makes a Leica camera cost 5 times a Nikon even though it’s got less features and dated technology?

What makes an analogman or roger Mayer fuzz cost 4 times a Dunlop when they all have like 10 or so components?

FAS is a premium brand, build to the highest quality, It’s not and never was a value brand meant to sell to the masses at Guitar Center.

The fact the III cost $2499 (or $3500 if You don’t want to wait) should of clued you into that.

Also the fact we’ve got a thread full of people lined up, screaming take my money, and wanting to buy two, suggest the price point is fair and the demand is high.

If the price is higher than you want to pay, buy one of the alternative brands like L6. I’m sure lots of people are enjoying them.

You can probably find some basic 4 or 5 button midi switcher for like $150 or less. All it’s going to do is change to 4 presets, no feedback from the Axe about effects status, looper controls, etc. Your also not gong to be able to plug any pedals in, other than on the back of the unit.

That could work for some, but in the larger since $3000 for a full featured controller/axe rig that works great and is super configurable sure sounds like a better value to me that spending $2600 or so and having this best processor on the market and being stuck with the control options of a 1990’s midi device

I'm not aware that the FC actually does much more than a MIDI controller at least initially. I've been using a cheap FCB1010 with my Axe-Fx 2 for years and it can do all the things needed but just doesn't have any feedback on the device about the status of the Axe-Fx. Small price to pay for such minimal cost.

I think the prices of the FC are pretty hard to swallow. Like mentioned, the Helix Control which is similar to the FC12 is a mere 329 euros and the only thing the FC12 does more is have the ability to be chained to more controllers. I get that Fractal doesn't have the volume discount power of Line6, but still more than double the price seems a bit much.

IMO the FC12 at $699 is a decent price point but the Fc6 at $499 is a little high . if it were $399 that would have been more in line

You could make that argument for a million different products. What makes a high end watch many times the price of a Seiko or similar ?

What makes a Leica camera cost 5 times a Nikon even though it’s got less features and dated technology?

What makes an analogman or roger Mayer fuzz cost 4 times a Dunlop when they all have like 10 or so components?

FAS is a premium brand, build to the highest quality, It’s not and never was a value brand meant to sell to the masses at Guitar Center.

The fact the III cost $2499 (or $3500 if You don’t want to wait) should of clued you into that.

Also the fact we’ve got a thread full of people lined up, screaming take my money, and wanting to buy two, suggest the price point is fair and the demand is high.

If the price is higher than you want to pay, buy one of the alternative brands like L6. I’m sure lots of people are enjoying them.

I don’t know man. In this case I could get a competing brand modeler, Footswitch and two really good speakers for the price of the Axe Fx III and the FC12. The Axe Fx III is great but I’d have a hard time saying it’s twice as good as any other modeler. I don’t want to rock the boat here but DAMN that is a boat load of cash and I buy these things for a living!

The price is what it is. Pricing is not arbitrary. It's based on the cost. That's what we have to sell them at to make a profit.

Fair enough. I’m just in shock is all. It will probably wear off. I will either have to pay this price or not gig with the Axe Fx III. Wish there was some kind of bundle discount if you decided to get a Axe and the FC12 but if that eats the profit then there really is nothing to be done.

G
I'm still at home recuperating and don't have an FC12 here. Maybe Matt or someone can take some photos.
Best wishes and get well soon. We don’t know each other, but I have barely touched my collection of amps since I’ve been a customer. Compared to the cost of what I previously had to pay for an FC system (for my pedals, amps, and everything associated) this is peanuts, and infinitely less complicated.

Back
Top Bottom