Times Square Guitar Center

Ben Randolph

Power User
Those poor Guitar Center employees.

Hack that I am, I can take solace in the fact that I strive for musicianship rather than just blasting through a few memorized tricky riffs.

mellow.gif

One would need a shot of Morphine for the headache caused by such a gnarly collage of audio chaos 8 hours a day....

What was the dude with the near windmills doing? Was a part of a show non one else knew about??

That reminded me of the first day of my kid's kindergarden class :lol. Funny isn't it... as you mature as a musician you find your self loathing, having to go into a retail music store because of this very thing. If I have to I go first thing when they open or right before they close to avoid the noise makers.

you don't know pain until you've managed or worked in a music store...
yup.. I used to cringe each time I was subjected to the next Vinnie Vincent wannabe. I remember a bunch of times where it got so bad that I'd actually go up, turn the amp down, and say "so, we ready to pull the trigger on this one?" lol

A buddy of mine went today to see John Petrucci. Said he had an Axe in his rig.

I might go this week just to check it out.

I used to do monthly clinics for a another, quite well known digital amp company years ago at one of the UK's biggest guitar stores in London. was pretty much the same noise hell like in this video, with the exception that I had the stage and could blast all over them :)

I worked in a music store for 8 years and that brought back a lot of memories. Saturday afternoon is a special kind of hell, especially if you were gigging or just out drinking the night before.

Back in the day, Sam Ash in White Plains,N.Y. had a great solution for this. They called it a Blast Room. Pick the guitar or amp you wanted to put through the paces, through the side door into a room full of 4x12's from wall to wall. They gave you a 30 minute run and then time was up.

Sadly, chaos like this is rampant in music stores now. My heart goes out too anyone who has to put up with that for 8 hrs .

Back
Top Bottom