Timeout issue

svl

Power User
I put in a support ticket just now, but I'm incredibly desperate so I thought by posting my issue here perhaps someone may be able to shed some light on my problem.

Longtime FAS user (started with the Ultra, moved on to the IIs, and then the XLs), definitely not a novice. Units (have two XLs and two MFCs) have worked flawlessly until tonight- used Axe Edit to move presets around on both XLs, and afterward got the dreaded "Timeout" message on the MFC.

I'm on FW 3.02, and the MFC was on 3.05 (which, again, has been flawless until tonight). The MFCs are both MK1, and I use the Faslink adapter at the MFC port. I tried multiple cables, and also plugged in Ethercon (using ethercon adapters on both ends, and made sure to switch the Axe to Ethercon). I tried plugging in each of the different Axes to each of the different MFCs using the Faslink and ethercon (again, multiple cables), still the Timeout in every scenario.

I tried updating the main MFC to 3.08, but still nothing but the Timeout. I reset the system in the main XL, nada. I then downgraded the main XL to 3.01 and installed the back up system and banks from two back-ups ago, still the Timeout. I then reinstalled 3.02 in the XL and the last back-up banks and system (from last month) and still the Timeout.

I'm beyond stumped and desperately need help. This is a really big problem for me- I'm a professional musician with gigs up the wazoo, and all my systems (main & back-up) are now screwed. I only have the next two days off to get this fixed, so I'm hoping someone can help. It's 2:20am now and I've been battling this since 9pm, so I'm off to bed but will check the board first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

You've probably already thought of this, but can you go back to a backup before the patches were moved around? Whatever the reason for the problem, if it worked before the way it was, hopefully it will still work that way.

I'm sure you've probably already checked the parameters in the MFC-101. I've had the timeout issue and just had to change the MFC port away from and back to expansion and it went away.

Yep, tried to roll back (FW, system reset, presets, etc) and no dice. Switched the MFC port back & forth a dozen times. Thanks for your suggestions.

No sleep, but up and at 'em to get this figured out. Gotta get this straight so I can put food on my kids table.

Is USB still plugged in when restarting your Axe? Try restarting with just the MFC plugged in.

You can try a factory reset on the MFC by holding down switch #11 while you power the unit on and hitting enter at the prompt, but that will wipe everything (MFC presets, songs, sets, controllers, IA settings, etc.)

Just a reminder, don't plug and unplug the MFC's Ethercon connection while the Axe is powered up. It can damage the unit and void the warranty. Power off the Axe before plugging or unplugging the MFC to be safe.

Also, using the MFC and Axe Edit at the same time can cause them to get out of sync and you can get the name timeout error.

Back
Top Bottom