1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Timeout and Freezing Issue

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by Brad Wilson, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Brad Wilson

Brad Wilson
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi guys,
    I've searched around, but haven't really had much luck. I have a couple months off from gigs so I figured now is a good time to ask/get service if needed.
    On Saturday I was playing a show with my Axe FX II MK1, I went through all my normal setup like I've done for the past 3 years of using it. We started soundcheck and all was great, for about 15 minutes. All of a sudden my Axe wouldn't react with the MFC-101 (mark 3 with adapter to use FASLINK if that matters), it was just stuck on one patch. I went over to the unit and the input LEDs were stuck. So I turned the whole thing off and back on, when it booted up it was just a blank green screen with all the LEDs light up on the front. I turned it off and waited a few minutes and booted it back up, worked for a little while and the same thing happened. At this point we were done soundchecking and just waiting to go on, so I get on here and search around, someone had success by changing the MFC from Axe FX II mode to Ultra and back, which I did, and it worked perfectly the rest of the night.

My biggest concern is that it's going to happen again and the mode switch was just a band-aid. Has anyone run into this? Is this a sign of something bad going to happen? Thanks in advance!

2. b@d

b@d
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi Brad
    My configuration is the same as yours, Axe FXII MKI, MFC-101 MKIII, XA-1 FASLINK™ Adapter, and from time to time it got these timeout and freezing issue too. All is build into a rack, so usually i don´t have to plug the cat5 cable.
    What helps everytime (for me) is shutting down, reset all the cables (XLR, Cat5) and start again, sometimes i must repeat it. After that it runs flawless.
    I´ve tried more than 10 different cat5 cables, which all work well in an ethernet situation, but only one of them is running.
    Overall i fear its not really a bulletproof solution.
    I remember that some forum members suggested to go back to midi-connection for gigging, and so do i.

3. Brad Wilson

Brad Wilson
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had this issue, I should have mentioned I get the "AXE FX NAME TIMEOUT" on the MFC as well, I thought I did, but I didn't. That's my fear too is it not being bulletproof. I have my cat-5 and the adapter racked up with a 3u vented panel under my IO panel, I might have to use a different panel on the back.