Time. We're all running out of it.

Womac911

Inspired
As mentioned in the Ritchie Haven's thread, here's a backing track for Pink Floyd's "Time"
... to remind us that we're all running out of it.

No guitar, no vocals.

As mentioned in the Ritchie Haven's thread, here's a backing track for Pink Floyd's "Time"
... to remind us that we're all running out of it.

No guitar, no vocals.

With all due respect, and a big thanks nevertheless for a cool BT, I think this notion is a bit morbid, no?

I mean, I get it, we have a finite number of days and all, but "running out of time" is less my spin than "on the journey to experience more and more". I'd prefer to think I'll kick the bucket after I've topped up my earthly pursuits rather than just watching the clock's arms decide my final beat - metaphorically and literally speaking.

Ah, you mean a bit like

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”

thumbsup.gif

Ah, you mean a bit like

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”

thumbsup.gif

Very much so. If you read the string-benindg thread, I posted about some injuries and someone I was very close to.
This was on his wall.

quote.jpg

With all due respect, and a big thanks nevertheless for a cool BT, I think this notion is a bit morbid, no?

I mean, I get it, we have a finite number of days and all, but "running out of time" is less my spin than "on the journey to experience more and more". I'd prefer to think I'll kick the bucket after I've topped up my earthly pursuits rather than just watching the clock's arms decide my final beat - metaphorically and literally speaking.

Having experienced two deaths very recently - one my mother, and one of a best friend and mentor of 28 years, I can still appreciate the irony of impending doom. We all face the same fate, whether we like it or not. Some of us are more afraid of it than others.
If we measure the value of life simply by our dread of dying, it may well be that we have no sense of its value at all.

Back
Top Bottom