"Time" Solo (Live) - Pink Floyd cover

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
Recently started up a new band project and we play a medley of "Breathe" and "Time" by Pink Floyd. Was fun to play this one live - first time performing it for a crowd. Had a GoPro running next to me - audio is from the GoPro next to my monitor so it's fairly loud. Using my Axe-Fx II through an Atomic CLR as a stage monitor for some volume. I put together a 5-scene preset that covers both songs - will post when I straighten out some preset issues I've been having.

Recently started up a new band project and we play a medley of "Breathe" and "Time" by Pink Floyd. Was fun to play this one live - first time performing it for a crowd. Had a GoPro running next to me - audio is from the GoPro next to my monitor so it's fairly loud. Using my Axe-Fx II through an Atomic CLR as a stage monitor for some volume. I put together a 5-scene preset that covers both songs - will post when I straighten out some preset issues I've been having.

This isn't Axe-related, but how do you set your GoPro? I'm not getting that level of clarity under stagelights.

This isn't Axe-related, but how do you set your GoPro? I'm not getting that level of clarity under stagelights.

No special settings on the GoPro - just turned it on and filmed in 1080 Wide mode I believe. I did some minor exposure tweaks, but the image was basically what you see. I'm fairly new to the GoPro, so don't know much about it yet.

Awesome man,

Very keen to get that patch as my band is doing the Breathe/Time/Breathe Reprise medley live as well.

I play through a pair of CLR's so it should transfer well!

Cheers.

Great job... live floyd is always tricky...

my only critique, which is just a small pet peeve of mine about players playing the solo, is to remember to walk up the half steps at the end of the solo (E, F, F#) instead of hanging on the open E (just me being an obsessive floyd fan)

Thanks for the vid!

my only critique, which is just a small pet peeve of mine about players playing the solo, is to remember to walk up the half steps at the end of the solo (E, F, F#) instead of hanging on the open E (just me being an obsessive floyd fan)

Cool - thanks Tyler - really appreciate the kind words from such a tone master. I'm not even sure about the walk up you're referring to (original recording?), but I love that you're that specific about it. Shows your love. Rock on!

Again, this really isn't a biggy, just figured I'd mention it...
...watch the last bit of my video for this solo, you can see me going up half steps right before the singing comes back in. Its subtle, but it with floyd, those subtle tension notes are big sounding IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzvLoiKPXL4

Cool - thanks Tyler - really appreciate the kind words from such a tone master. I'm not even sure about the walk up you're referring to (original recording?), but I love that you're that specific about it. Shows your love. Rock on!

Back
Top Bottom