Time solo by Pink Floyd.

Ill tell you one of the things I have found over the last few years is finding a cab that you really love. I found one and use it almost all the time now. Its the Ownhammer V30 Chinese I have a few more that Ownhammer did that are very close.
Haha, I somehow knew you were using a V30 IR! The best thing is that it doesn't make almost any sense in real life, but in this concept it's the perfect match!

Use your ears, not your eyes.

Markmusicman: regarding being a David Gilmour fan, I'm not in a class by myself, but likely at the head of the class. Outstanding tone and execution. Hat's off to you sir!

Always loved the melodicism of Gilmore, and the Time solo is just so epic! I couldn't believe you knocked it out of the park using an SG, but you did.! Just shows there is more than one way to get to a given tone. Hell of a good job!

Bravo! Amazing tone and great playing. I would love to have the preset. I have the Ownhammers but never made them to sound like that :)

I was dialing a Blackmorish patch (to play the Rainbow’s song “Anybody There”) using the 1987X and, after reading this post, I have decided to swap the Marshall for the Princeton Reverb… Great Result!! Instant trip from Blackmorland to Gilmourland. :-D

I am using a Strat with EMG SA+SPC pickups

Here is the patch as it is. The Princeton is Scene 1 (with a Rat Dist) and the Marshall is Scene 2.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46804116/Princeton Vs 1987X.syx

Thank you for the inspiration, markmusicman

Back
Top Bottom