Time solo by Pink Floyd.

Niiice! We seem to be having a good Floyd/Gilmour wave recently. Loved the tone and the playing, kudos Mr. !!!

Very nice. Tone sounds spot-on which is great considering the original was a Strat into a Hiwatt and/or SF Twin Reverb IIRC.
yes and I used a Gibson SG special which is even a cheaper version but still sounds pretty dam good. I love that Fender Princeton tone I have been jamming with for awhile!!

Very, very nice work. Like everyone else, I'm surprised that the tone is so close on an SG with full HBs. Great work on that! David Gilmour is one of my all time favorite players, so I love hearing people nail those tones.

I believe DG had a Coloursound Powerbooster along with the Fuzz Face to give his Strat a little extra oomph. The Time solo was probably the Fender, at least to my ears - has a very Silverface crispness/brightness to it.

There are so many amps to choose from but for some reason I'm just digging the Princeton for now. I was using the Red 5153 I believe for awhile that one has a little bit drive.

Isn't it crazy - the tone in this box. Right now I cant get away from the Friedman's and the jmp1... The tone your getting with the Princeton is stellar and I've never even thought to try it:D

Here is another solo I have recently done using the same patch just increasing the reverb and changing the delay length. I just learned the solo and didn't pull it off as nice as I would have liked to but I think I captured the tone pretty well.

Yes I would be willing to share my patch and the speaker cab that I have been using for a long time thanks to Ownhammer.

Fantastic tone and playing

What (if any) drive pedal are you running in front of the Princeton ?

As others have stated, I'd also be very curious to check out the patch. Its for sure a great example of the importance of tweaking a tone using one's ears, not one's eyes. A princeton amp model and a guitar with HB's certainly seems "wrong" per what is supposed to be used, but it nails the tone, and I do say, nails it far better than anything I've gotten when I've tried to follow the "correct" settings of using my strat with proper DG pups, a Hiwatt model, Fane speaker IR's etc etc.

One sure can't argue with the tone though, sounds just like it came off a Floyd bootleg recording

As others have stated, I'd also be very curious to check out the patch. Its for sure a great example of the importance of tweaking a tone using one's ears, not one's eyes. A princeton amp model and a guitar with HB's certainly seems "wrong" per what is supposed to be used, but it nails the tone, and I do say, nails it far better than anything I've gotten when I've tried to follow the "correct" settings of using my strat with proper DG pups, a Hiwatt model, Fane speaker IR's etc etc.

One sure can't argue with the tone though, sounds just like it came off a Floyd bootleg recording
I will post the patch and the ownhammer IR I have been using tomorrow sometime.

I did not use any drive pedal with this recording.

I will be watching this thread like a hawk! So curious how the patch was made. Great work and playing!
Ill tell you one of the things I have found over the last few years is finding a cab that you really love. I found one and use it almost all the time now. Its the Ownhammer V30 Chinese I have a few more that Ownhammer did that are very close.

Back
Top Bottom