Time Out.....

steve_k

Inspired
What does that mean, other than everything stops and freezes up?

Was banking up through a preset and get the "Axe FX Time Out on my MFC. Just like a PC, turn it off then back on and all is cool. Anyway, what causes it and how to ensure it won't happen on stage?

FW10
Latest revision on MFC101
Direct

Update - I must have had a couple of global blocks from some uploaded presets still hitched up and maybe the ole girl just got confused. Got that sorted and new FW 10.06 loaded. All is good.....

The MFC queries the Axe-Fx for name, fx state, etc. If it doesn't get a response after a certain amount of time it displays the timeout message. A bad preset that causes the MIDI thread to hang can cause this.

The MFC queries the Axe-Fx for name, fx state, etc. If it doesn't get a response after a certain amount of time it displays the timeout message. A bad preset that causes the MIDI thread to hang can cause this.

It must have been that one preset. Got it off there and all is back to normal. I thought it was kind of funny though, the message that scrolled across the MFC. I'm like yeah, time to take 5 anyway...

Although, when the message came back on the Axe screen to "press Enter to unlock Global blocks", it wouldn't do anything after pressing enter. So, I just replaced the preset with a known good one and will reload the TMA preset and start over with it. But, how to tell which Global blocks are attached to a preset? I couldn't find out what the culprit was.

Thanks,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom