Time for UK axefest!?

I haven't got one yet but would love to meet up with current owners for a chat and listen to it in the "flesh" as it were.

I think that Chris organised the last one, but it was waaay too far south for a lot of people (myself included). I think somewhere a little further north this time would be fairer. Somewhere like Nottingham or Peterborough.

Does this need to be a train station, or would most people drive? I presume that we're looking for a Saturday afternoon?

London would be great but as I don't own one yet I doubt I'll have much say. I'll definitely attend to get any advice and actually hear an axe fx.

Somewhere in the middle...ish like Nottingham as suggested above makes sense. BTW isn't Nottingham supposed to have a significant surplus of women to men? Not that that is relevant obviously.
As a relatively new user I'm not aware of the previous axefest and how it was structured. Were G66 involved in any way? did companies like matrix participat? Was a cost attached to attendees etc etc? I can possibly rope in some sponsorship if potential numbers warrant

Yep Chris organised the last one, down in Oxford. Mainly because his mum owns the pub whose function room we used to stage it in. Contributions from Octotonic, Clarky and myself along with some play time, open forum and an evening bash for those who could stay. Started around 11am ish on the Saturday, with the main day finishing around 6 - then the evening jam as stated. There was also a second chance on Sunday during the day for anyone who couldnt make the Saturday. Only 2 showed for that - however it worked really well as all but 1 of the Saturday attendees were owners already and got lots from the workshops - while the 2 on Sunday were both non owners looking to see/hear one in the flesh. They got 3 hours or so of demo and play time with both amp/cab setups, FRFR setups and through recording rigs.

Location is always difficult in the UK. Were quite a small country really but arnt that used to major travel - our roads are a nightmare.

Ultimately it needs to be somewhere that the most people can attend. London isnt great for those in Newcastle - or in Scotland for instance, however if people who are likely to attend are located , or show a preference for a given location then that should take preference.

Im currently living in Nottingham so that suggestion works well for me :) - but am open to other suggestions.

Ill add to that, anyone wanting to hear the beast int he flesh is more than happy to pay me a visit sometime - or I can potentially travel a short way depending on homelife. That offer stands regardless of an Axe-Fest UK or not. I also know that Clarky is happy to demo - based in Camberly, as is Chris around Oxford.

I'm in (depending on date and location) and will travel from sunny Northumberland to anywhere within reasonable driving distance!

Back
Top Bottom