Time for BR00TALZ! FW18.01 and Ownhammer V3 7-string demo! (4 different amps & cabs)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
What's up ewwrrrrbody!

I wanted to make a metal demo with my 7-string guitar for you guys.
I used my LTD SC607B which I've had for about 9 years.
It's the all maple version that I bought in NY when I was there on holiday (going again in May! STOKED!)

It's a baritone guitar with 27 inch scale tuned to drop-Ab.
Because of the body wood/construction and EMG pickups it has a nice blurpy growl :) .

I wanted to use 4 different amps with 4 different new Ownhammer V3 IR's.
This firmware just sounds so ridiculously good!
Here are the amps and cabs I used:

1.Recto 1 Red modern with the ENGL V30-MB-08 RMDR 03 cab. (this is my fav. IR at the moment....)
2.FAS Modern with the MIL-AB V30-EN16M RMDR 03 cab. (love this new cab and can't wait to try it with more speakers in the future)
3.FAS Br00talz with the ORNG OH-METAL RMDR 02 cab. (can't go wrong with this Orange Metal IR)
4.USA Lead Brt+ with the SUN V30-EN-16 RMDR 03 cab. (Love how huge this cab sounds, I should have cut a little bit more low but screw it :) )

Let me know which ones you like best!
Thanks again for listening.

What's up ewwrrrrbody!

I wanted to make a metal demo with my 7-string guitar for you guys.
I used my LTD SC607B which I've had for about 9 years.
It's the all maple version that I bought in NY when I was there on holiday (going again in May! STOKED!)

It's a baritone guitar with 27 inch scale tuned to drop-Ab.
Because of the body wood/construction and EMG pickups it has a nice blurpy growl :) .

I wanted to use 4 different amps with 4 different new Ownhammer V3 IR's.
This firmware just sounds so ridiculously good!
Here are the amps and cabs I used:

1.Recto 1 Red modern with the ENGL V30-MB-08 RMDR 03 cab. (this is my fav. IR at the moment....)
2.FAS Modern with the MIL-AB V30-EN16M RMDR 03 cab. (love this new cab and can't wait to try it with more speakers in the future)
3.FAS Br00talz with the ORNG OH-METAL RMDR 02 cab. (can't go wrong with this Orange Metal IR)
4.USA Lead Brt+ with the SUN V30-EN-16 RMDR 03 cab. (Love how huge this cab sounds, I should have cut a little bit more low but screw it :) )

Let me know which ones you like best!
Thanks again for listening.

That Recto Red is the one. Sounds rad.

Nice Guitjon ! 1-4 for me ! Recto Red Modern is so sexy ! Damn ... But I have the real one too :D
Good stuff ... As always [emoji106]

absolutely awesome man!
how do you find the time and energy to create such amazing stuff?
i lose all my interest in recording any new music jsut as it comes to programming the drums...

absolutely awesome man!
how do you find the time and energy to create such amazing stuff?
i lose all my interest in recording any new music jsut as it comes to programming the drums...

Thanks!
I like programming drums a lot!
Making a template session with fully mixed drums and a loaded master fader (slate VCC, VTM, VMR and VBC) really helps to inspire me when writing.
I just open up a template session with my mixed drums and start writing right away with a nice sound.
Obviously the mixes need some work like mixing the guitars and stuff but not as much as starting a clean session.
Hope this helps.

1.Recto 1 Red modern with the ENGL V30-MB-08 RMDR 03 cab.

moshpit.gif

On a more serious note...
a3mps3.gif

Thanks!
I like programming drums a lot!
Making a template session with fully mixed drums and a loaded master fader (slate VCC, VTM, VMR and VBC) really helps to inspire me when writing.
I just open up a template session with my mixed drums and start writing right away with a nice sound.
Obviously the mixes need some work like mixing the guitars and stuff but not as much as starting a clean session.
Hope this helps.

thanks for the hint man, it absolutely helps man! :)

when i programm drums i always start with the basic sound that comes out of
EZ drummer or superior 2, which most of the time sounds awful,
so there is absolutely no fun and inspiration there...

Killer tones man! I like 1 & 4 the most, but admit it may be because I've owned a three channel recto and a Mark V. They all sound very good and sat nicely in the mix IMO.

I will second that writing with a drum preset improves workflow incredibly. So you're using a template inside the DAW? For my quick writing stuff I'm just using a preset I made in SD (TMF with a few X-drums) and then I am going to use to "bounce" function to then mix the audio files. Using a template left me with only 16 outs for my drums, and since I'm using a couple snares and a few ambient mics for my snare, I found I ran out of outs pretty quickly - especially since I like to process my toms independently from one another.

Still though - you put out a ton of material and it's always killer. Are you reamping your performances in these examples, or are you just playing through the riffs each time?

I will second that writing with a drum preset improves workflow incredibly. So you're using a template inside the DAW? For my quick writing stuff I'm just using a preset I made in SD (TMF with a few X-drums) and then I am going to use to "bounce" function to then mix the audio files. Using a template left me with only 16 outs for my drums, and since I'm using a couple snares and a few ambient mics for my snare, I found I ran out of outs pretty quickly - especially since I like to process my toms independently from one another.

Still though - you put out a ton of material and it's always killer. Are you reamping your performances in these examples, or are you just playing through the riffs each time?

I use a custom preset in SSD4 with the CLA expansion and some slate stuff combined.
In Cubase 8 I route those to several outputs where I add processing.
Those tracks also go to a drumbuss and then to the master fader.
It's basically like a completed mix with all the processing on the drums done.
I have that session saved in Cubase as a template.

Also, I played the riffs once and then re amped the other 3.

Back
Top Bottom