Time for a change?

James Oas

Thinking of selling Axe 8, pristene cond. Best place to do so? Reverb.com? I am interested in Axe FX III. Best place to listen? Just YouTube? r/ Jim Oas Poulsbo, Wa.

Yep, I used to sell a lot of gear online- Local only from now on for me, too many scammers and the seller really has no support anymore.

As far as moving from the AX8 to the Axe III, I was in a similar boat a couple of years ago. Took the plunge because of some of the new effects- 'Cloud' reverb algorithms and Plex delay block, and features- revamped cab block can mix up to 4 IRs. Plus, it was a take this job and...move on splurge. Have not once regretting selling the AX8 for the Axe Fx III. It's an 'upgrade' in both feel and tone.

There's a lot of videos on YouTube featuring the Axe III but not very many comparisons to the Axe II/AX8. Leon Todd and G66 channels would be a couple to check out as far as tone samples go.

Last edited:
Thinking of selling Axe 8, pristene cond. Best place to do so? Reverb.com? I am interested in Axe FX III. Best place to listen? Just YouTube? r/ Jim Oas Poulsbo, Wa.
I have the Axe FX 8, and have the Axe FX III. I use the AX8 for live, and the Axe FX III, so I know them both inside out. I can honestly tell you switching to the Axe FX III will blow your mind. The AX8 is an amazing tool, but it's only a little 8 month old baby niece of the big giant momma Axe 3.... in every way. You'll see!

I had an AX8, nothing would beat it. Tried Line6, Atomic, etc

Had the III for a few days and sold the Ax8

The Ax8 is fantastic but you won't regret the upgrade

Back
Top Bottom