Tim Pierce - session maestro using Axefx

I like his playing as well.. 28:52 where he talks about recording with small amps and not dialing in the room. Cool stuff.

Wow, I love coming across such great guitarists that I never knew existed (due to my ignorance of course). This is one guy that I know I've heard loads of times and really loved his work but never realised who he was.

So stoked he gives lessons too!! :)

Thanks for sharing the vid!

Tim

What a monster player. I just realized that he has lessons all over Youtube. How f'n cool is that?!

Yes seen all his videos - everyone should listen to this cool guy - great insight and knowledge great lessons - would love to get his views on the Axefx and comparisons with his amp collection

I like what he says about delay; not wanting delays that are too pronounced, but instead having nuanced delays that don't have super-pronounced repeats. I agree with him and strive for this kind of delay in my own tone.

There's another video where he goes gives a tour of his home studio. It's basically Candyland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkO893kfCo8

I notice that out of the professional guitarists who own AxeFXs, most of them use the AxeFX to augment existing amplifiers rather than rely on the AxeFX to provide all the tones. I have no statistics to back that up, that's just the general impression I get when I read about these guys. I must say that if I had a collection of amps like Tim does, it would be nearly impossible to rely on any one of those things to give your tones. He really has the best of both worlds.

A lot of us tell stories of how we sold this amp or that guitar or these pedals to finance the AxeFX, but those lucky few have the monster amp collections as well as the AxeFX. Even with all those amps, the ability to quickly get a perfectly mic'd recording sound would make the AxeFX appealing to professionals, I'd think.

Been a Tim Pierce fan for years. Favorite piece? "The Good Fight". Give it a listen. Another artist that Pandora brought to me was Duke Levine - OMG. Both these guys have redefined what I think of a tasteful, talented playing!

Back
Top Bottom