Tim Miller?

I think most of his tone is in his fingers and is definitely influenced by that very unique guitar of his (very expensive too). He is a monster player though and I do love his tone, it's incredible.

Why don't you ask him what amps he uses? But I also think most of his tone is in his fingers. I have been a member of his lessons' site for two years now, an amazing player and a great, great teacher!

I'm not a member of his site, so I can't email him there. I have his personal email, but I thought I would try here first. I'm more interested in his use of delays and how he reduces his attack than what amp he uses. He is a definitely a great player. I agree, it is mostly in his hands, plus the Canton. I should have my Canton this month though. I guess that is why I'm currently interested in his tones.

I know, Tim wrote on the forum of his site that he uses the Bludotone amp with an RC booster for the distorted tone and a Carol Ann for the clean tone. He also uses a stereo delay for both sounds and the plex detune for bigger, ambient textures. Hecuses the studio reverb algorithm for reverb.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, yes that helps. I had spent a couple hours fooling around and ended up with one of the bludo models but finally switched to the bogner. I felt that it was a tad smoother but I may try the bludo again with less gain and with the RC in front.
I know, Tim wrote on the forum of his site that he uses the Bludotone amp with an RC booster for the distorted tone and a Carol Ann for the clean tone. He also uses a stereo delay for both sounds and the plex detune for bigger, ambient textures. Hecuses the studio reverb algorithm for reverb.
Hope that helps.

Hi everyone,
Matt at Fractal let me know about this post. Thanks for your interest in the music and tones! I am currently using the Fractal AX8. My sounds change frequently but I have used the amps described above on several gigs and recordings. I also use the AX8 into an amp and use it as an "effects only" pedalboard as well.
All the best,
Tim

what is plex detune?, oops n/m. Found it in multi-delay. Wasn't expecting it there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom