Tilting the front of the MFC101?

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
Hi

Has anybody come up with a good way to tilt the front of their MFC101 up so that it's easier to hit the correct switches with your foot when playing while seated?

It seems to me that the graduated elevations of each row of switches works almost well enough (still could be better IMO) when the player is standing.
But when seated, it's nearly impossible to hit the intended switch whether I'm wearing shoes, slippers or just socks.
It's quite frustrating.
If I only use my heel, it's not too bad.
But I'd rather be able to use the front of my foot/shoe.
Other than that, it's a great complement to my Axe-FXII.

Right now, I'm using a small satchel/soft briefcase that I also use for cables etc. when going to gigs or rehearsals.
So it's not too inconvenient to lug around.
But it ends up taking up a bit too much room on the floor (in front of the MFC), doesn't look good, and can get in the way of placement of a music stand.
It'd be great to find a permanent or semi permanent fix.

Seems like I need about 3" of lift to the front of the MFC.

PS
I can't be the only guy out there having trouble with these switches, can I?

What don't you understand?
I want the front of the MFC (where all the connections are made) to be higher off the floor so it's easier to hit the switches.
I.e. The MFC will tilt more from front to back.

That's weird, I use MFC sitting at home and shimmed the back of MFC to make rearmost switches more reachable.

Well I don't understand that. lol
But maybe you're already doing what I want to do.
When you say the "back", do you mean where all the connections are made?
To me, that's the 'front'.
But I guess it's really the "back". OK.
So, what are you using as a 'shim'?

What don't you understand?
I want the front of the MFC (where all the connections are made) to be higher off the floor so it's easier to hit the switches.
I.e. The MFC will tilt more from front to back.

OK. So what I'm calling the 'front' is really the 'back.
I want the MFC to tilt up towards the back more.

Last edited:
Why not just buy some larger rubber feet to replace the originals in the back?

Not sure how much extra lift you need?

Well I don't understand that. lol
But maybe you're already doing what I want to do.
When you say the "back", do you mean where all the connections are made?
To me, that's the 'front'.
But I guess it's really the "back". OK.
So, what are you using as a 'shim'?
For me the back is the connections side so I think we both have the same issue (I need buttons 11-17 a bit higher)
I shim with the things you put under chair feet (see below - home setup) but I don't think that will work when moving the MFC around. In your case I would be inclined to replace the feet as Unix-Guy suggested with low ones on the front and high ones on the back, OR, remove the back feet and replace with a 2" wide / MFC length of light wood (or similar) velcro'd to MFC bottom along back edge, and thick enough to raise it up enough (put some stick on rubber feet on the bottom of the wood for traction). Lot's of options - your a musician! use your imagination!!:grinning::grinning:

1694720024913.jpeg
1694720045918.jpeg

Last edited:
For me the back is the connections side so I think we both have the same issue (I need buttons 11-17 a bit higher)
I shim with the things you put under chair feet (see below - home setup) but I don't think that will work when moving the MFC around. In your case I would be inclined to replace the feet as Unix-Guy suggested with low ones on the front and high ones on the back, OR, remove the back feet and replace with a 2" wide / MFC length of light wood (or similar) velcro'd to MFC bottom along back edge, and thick enough to raise it up enough (put some stick on rubber feet on the bottom of the wood for traction). Lot's of options - your a musician! use your imagination!!:grinning::grinning:
Velcro to the rescue!
Good idea.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom