Thunderbolt Interface?

HaloHat

Hello Fractal Family,

Thinking of buying a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt interface so my questions are these -

[to be used in a home studio almost exclusively though may get out if that matters]

1. I believe in reading this forums valuable opinions over the years that some say just use the AxeFx as your interface and some say they prefer or need to use a separate interface?

2. Anybody using Thunderbolt with their AxeFx? Can't imagine why there would be any issues?

3. Anybody using Thunderbolt with PC [Windows 10 or 7 pro?]

I'm using a decent Windows Lap Top PC - 24GB RAM, i7 4700 4 core processor. Windows 7pro Thunderbolt 1, USB 3.0

edit: The reason I was looking at the Clarett 4Pre, besides Thunderbolt, are that it has S/PDIF and Midi I/O and ADAT expandability, 4 mic pre's and 4 additional in/outs on the back. Generally seems to have good reviews for that price range [$599]

Last edited:
I also use Axe XL+ with Apollo 8 TB. I use the S/PDIF connection. I love being able to run a signal to my laptop for editing/recording/reamping and simultaneously monitor my sound through my Yamaha HS8s, which are connected to the Apollo.

I use a mac but have been using the Clarett 8Pre, reamping via SPDIF, for almost a year now with no trouble whatsoever.

The Clarrett certainly seems like good value for the buck, .Thunderbolt is indisputably superior for audio stuff, but like the others here, the UA unison preamps and plugin ecosystem
are hard to top...or escape...

Back
Top Bottom