Thumb down emoji

Yeah, sadly so many online areas have devolved to the level of a 3rd grade playground argument. So many people seemed to have forgotten (or never learned) that you can actually disagree with someone and still treat them with respect.

It's just like music. If you only use the "pretty" notes, things can get pretty boring. It's the little doses of dissonance sprinkled in here and there that make things sound interesting. You need tension in order to feel resolution.

Nobody is stupid all the time and we are all stupid at least once or twice.
Never say never ;)

There have been (and in some cases still are) a few here who seem to fit the former category and have earned a place on my ignore list.

I try to be understanding but some people just push all the buttons. My list is small but it still serves my need.

Every once in a while I will "show ignored content" in a thread and am usually immediately reminded why the person is ignored :(

This forum is by far the most respectful and informative of others I've been a part of or lurked. However, no matter how 'nice' everyone is, there always seems to be that small number of condescending know-it-alls that don't offer much help that tend to irk me. Yes, I know it's a me problem; I try to be patient and not let things get to me but some members have gotten under my skin over the past couple of years. Honestly, I get more frustrated that I allow the very small number of these people to get to me but in those cases, I'm grateful for the ignore feature.

It is much better than telling them in an adult way, that I do not agree with you and think what you said is stupid.....ya know? Snowflakes be melting and stuff, especially when you use free speech on a modded, privately operated forum that filters content deemed "inflammatory" according to broad stroke and subjective interpretation of what is or may not be out of bounds. Funny as all get out when the CEO gets abridged, and or deleted posts.

LoL

YMMV :screamcat:
Alright, by your own words then: this is stupid.

The first amendment doesn't extend beyond the government moderating your speech. No private entity owes you a platform. You're not obligated to participate here, or in any other forum, if you don't like the way it's moderated or run.

Last edited:
Alright, by your own words then: this is stupid.

The first amendment doesn't extend beyond the government moderating your speech. No private entity owes you a platform. You're not obligated to participate here, or in any other forum, if you don't like the way it's moderated or run.
Exactly my point, I was apparently not ckear. Private platform and users have to abide by guidelines. Thise are monitored by mods and admin....people with individual perceptions.. in fact I have seen the mods and admin check themselves to maintain a certain demeanor on the forum. Hope that clarifies my post????

Exactly my point, I was apparently not ckear. Private platform and users have to abide by guidelines. Thise are monitored by mods and admin....people with individual perceptions.. in fact I have seen the mods and admin check themselves to maintain a certain demeanor on the forum. Hope that clarifies my post????
Very much. I read your post as saying 1A meant people can’t be moderated on private forums. Sorry for the confusion there and my pointed response.

Back
Top Bottom