AFIII THU Overloud VS Axe-Fx III

Frank Pearl

Inspired
Days ago i read in Facebook group that THU overloud plugin was superior to the Axe Fx III.
So i compared the plugin with the Axe.
I choosen a Recto Amp on the THU, then reamped using the THU settings (keeping in mind that knobs on the axe respond like a real amp) on the Axe and then reamped with my best Recto preset on the Axe.
IMO, the Axe wins!

the TH-U plugin sound pretty cool but the Axe kills that plugin,even some guys said it sound like the Kemper.

Days ago i read in Facebook group that THU overloud plugin was superior to the Axe Fx III.
So i compared the plugin with the Axe.
I choosen a Recto Amp on the THU, then reamped using the THU settings (keeping in mind that knobs on the axe respond like a real amp) on the Axe and then reamped with my best Recto preset on the Axe.
IMO, the Axe wins!

There are people in the FB groups who are not who they pretend to be. Some vendors have resorted to using fake accounts and paid "influencers" to promote their wares. This is especially prominent with overseas companies as the FCC rules for disclosure are difficult to enforce and it's a gray area as to whether they are even bound by them. Social media is the new advertising frontier and everyone is trying to exploit it.

So the old adage is as true as ever: don't believe everything you read.

FWIW, we adhere strictly to FCC rules and any Fractal Audio artist/ambassador/etc. will always disclose his relationship.

The increase of this "opinion" on the FB group is so transparently counterfeit that I'd find it laughable if it wasn't so slimy. Out of nowhere, there were multiple posts about how TH-U was as good or better than the Axe. I'm sure there are real people who hold that opinion, I'd suspect a lot of that is influenced by the price differential. But there had been very little mention of TH-U in that group previously (in the software sim world, it's not as well known as some of the bigger names and they don't do a great job of marketing it) and then all of a sudden there were multiple posts about how it was better. As someone who works in marketing, it was immediately obvious what was happening - paid shills. Buying "reviews", "opinions", likes and followers is so much more prevalent than people think.

I find this incredibly disheartening because up until I got my Axe, TH3 was my go to rig. I thought it sounded just as good as the other sims that would get all the hype and it was a better bang for your buck. It was the piece of software I would recommend anytime the software sim question came up. I had hoped that they would figure how to get the word out and increase their user base to create a community. Looks like they're trying, but in all the wrong ways. It's incredibly disappointing because I think they have a good product and don't have to stoop that low. There are better and more effective ways to promote your product. Does it sound good? Yeah - I still use it from time to time. Does it sound as good as my AFX III - not even close.

Back
Top Bottom