Three Scenes from Two Switches

Hold functions do not affect tap functions.

do you ALWAYS want the delay 1 to turn of when engaging the Plex? Like always always?

I'll phrase it like this: I want effect 1 to turn off when I engage effect 2. And both effects come from different blocks.

I get your point: I would want my delay to be on w/ the Plex in some instances. Or were you just asking to clarify?

I'll phrase it like this: I want effect 1 to turn off when I engage effect 2. And both effects come from different blocks.

I get your point: I would want my delay to be on w/ the Plex in some instances. Or were you just asking to clarify?

A few ways to do this -

Multiplexor is a cool idea, have the effects in parallel. I would then have a shunt in parallel too (so three lines into the Multiplexor) you then use the switch to move through the channels on the multiplexor. First hit is delay, second is plex, third is both bypassed. OR maybe press switches between the two delays and hold moves it to both bypassed. That's a slick solution

Scenes - have two scenes the same but with that delay difference, then the switch just moves between scenes, problem here is if you want to choose other effects on the fly that doesn't really work.

But both of the above doesn't work if you want both on at once, that's the challenge.

It seems to me you're missing up use cases - if you want them to alternate but sometimes not? That's hard - two ideas there:

The footswitch turns off and on the delay (so it's a straight effect bypass), and you use an expression pedal to control the mix of the plexdelay, so you can fade it in over the top.

You have a mixer instead of the multiplexor - and connect as I described with the multiplexor. You then have four channels of the mixer, channel one is just delay, channel two is plexdelay, channel three is bypassed signal and channel four is a mix (so both on) and your pedal moves through those channels. You could then attach an expression pedal and use it to control the mix/blend if you wanted to as well.

Last idea:

Have the delay so it's bypass state is controlled by a control switch (cs-1)
Have the plexdelay so it's bypass state is controlled by the same control switch (cs-1) but 'flipped' so when the switch is on the effect is off. Have the second channel of the plexdelay so it's also controlled by the cs-1 but in the traditional sense (i.e. the same polarity as the delay).

Your footswitch then toggles the cs state, meaning you can flip between plex-delay and delay. You then set the hold function to change the channel of the plex-delay meaning if you hold the switch down it will change the channel on the plex and it will also become active.

All these are from the top of my head, but I reckon they'll work

Awesome ideas @peteri

I saw @2112 YT video about using the multiplexer. The problem I had was not having a display to let you know what was going on. Maybe that gets addressed in a future firmware.

This morning I had an idea that uses @Randall d 's 4 layout idea but swap the lead for my main scene I live on, the rhythm:

Switch 1 = Toggle Scene 1 & 4
Switch 2 = Toggle Scene 2 & 4
Switch 3 = Toggle Scene 3 & 4

Scene 4 being the main/rhythm and maybe swap the order so scene 4 is first in those sequences.
The next step would be assign two of the remaining 3 switches to jump to effect layout 1 & effect layout 2. in those layouts have the tap button toggle on/off the effect. Have the hold button toggle on/off effect and jump the layout back to the above scene layout. This is assuming I can figure out the layout secondary function described by @unix-guy in another thread. But if I need an effect on a different channel I use a dedicated switch rather than tap/hold the same effect block's switch. Maybe I end up with 3 effect layouts. But you'd essentially be able to quickly navigate to the effect and execute and stay on the page or jump back to the main scene page. This is all dependent on what I understood as being able assign a switch to be able to toggle and effect AND switch to a layout at the same time.

Switch 1 = Toggle Scene Main & Lead
Switch 2 = Toggle Scene Clean & Main
Switch 3 = Presets
Switch 4 = Toggle Scene Ambient Clean & Main
Switch 5 = Drive 1 A Hold = Drive B
Switch 6 = Effects1 Hold = Effects 2

This idea actually set up nicely. On the Effects Layouts I set up each button to have:
Tap - Bypass Effect On/Off
Hold - Bypass Effect On/Off

Each of the effect switches in both Effect Layouts had a Layout Link on the Hold switch to link back to my main Performance 1 Layout that is set up like described above. So I can toggle on or off the effect and choose when to get back to my main performance layout. It feels more Ax8 like is pretty intuitive.

Now I need to set up some control switches and master some of the cooler stuff.

Back
Top Bottom