Three questions for FW15.02

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I think I will tonight test that FW15.02 ,and I need little bit help to figured out some changes between FW13.07-FW15.02. I have read release notes for 13.02 to 15.02 ,but can someone tell me these. Im now in FW13.07 ,and going to test that FW15.02.

-FW14 there was that noise gate problem for almost all users ,what I need change to get that noise gate balance?
-FW15 there was Master Level changes ,what is recommended value for get FW14 or FW13 Master Level results?
-FW15 there was changes for SAT switch and I was read there is now three modes for that switch ,what mode I need to use get FW13-FW14 SAT results?

not sure if that was the noise gate "problem", but global should be set to "0"
master level...trust your ears
set Sat switch to "ideal". "authentic" is the new, like it would react in real amps setting.

Hey

Thanks for reply ,hey that global noise gate settings where I can find that? Im using axe edit only ,if you can give me details where that settings are in axe edit? Or if that noise gate settings are not in axe edit ,where I can exactly find that in Axe Fx II?

not sure if that was the noise gate "problem", but global should be set to "0"
master level...trust your ears
set Sat switch to "ideal". "authentic" is the new, like it would react in real amps setting.

Last edited:
Hey

Thanks for reply ,hey that global noise gate settings where I can find that? Im using axe edit only ,if you can give me details where that settings are in axe edit? Or if that noise gate settings are not in axe edit ,where I can exactly find that in Axe Fx II?

You have to use the front panel, it is a global setting under the global menu.

Hey

I was find in GLOBAL menu conf page NOISEGATE OFFSET ,that was set in -40db. is that global noise gate witch should be set value 0.00db ,to get same results like FW13 and FW14 did have?

Hey

Thanks a lot I was put that 0.00db ,if that is recommended to use. I was notice Mesa Mark IIC+ and IV amps have very low volume compare to FW13.07 ,would be nice know what is to key adjust that volume back where it was?

That's the one my friend

Hey

Thanks a lot I was put that 0.00db ,if that is recommended to use. I was notice Mesa Mark IIC+ and IV amps have very low volume compare to FW13.07 ,would be nice know what is to key adjust that volume back where it was?

Turn it up? You can start with raising the Output level in the Amp block.

Hey

Can someone answer this. I was have many presets in early firmware and there was Saturation switch engage ,but now those presets have SAT switch set OFF. If I want same results like early firmware ,do I need to use SAT switch OFF or that Ideal mode? I was notice big different all those three modes ,and I cant compare to size by size my old tones anymore because im now 15.02. And would be nice to have exactly same SAT mode ,like I was have early firmware.

"Ideal mode" engages the SAT switch without any drop in volume. I'm pretty sure this is how it was before FW15, so I'd start with that. Normal SAT mode will give you a significant drop in volume when engaged, which is how a SAT switch works in the real world on most amps that have it (as far as I know).

Hey

Thanks a lot I will try tonight record some test clips ,and compare my old tones whit that Ideal Mode engage.

"Ideal mode" engages the SAT switch without any drop in volume. I'm pretty sure this is how it was before FW15, so I'd start with that. Normal SAT mode will give you a significant drop in volume when engaged, which is how a SAT switch works in the real world on most amps that have it (as far as I know).

Back
Top Bottom