Three major virtual drummer/drum apps for iOS = and the only two DAW

DAW
Auria Pro - before Cubasis 3, this is the only DAW for iPad Pro. It was perfect until the 14.2 ios update and now it crashes all the time
Cubasis 3 - finally Steinberg made the Cubase 10.5 PRo version for the iPad Pro, its new, 64 bit coding from ground up and syncs with Cubase

The clear choice is cubasis 3 now - hopefully Auria pro will make more Effort to update, but why would they when they see what Cubasis is doing and they have so much more resources and staff .....

So the only real app I need is a drum VST. Really, specifically for heavy metal, and there are 4 in the App Store. They include
1) Drumperfect Pro - best there is, as good as a VST on laptop, but its like BFD3 so you have to know and learn it which is hard and not what i really want to do right now — as Auria pro was the gold DAW for ios, drumperfect is the counterpart as the gold standard DAW - but its not for people who dont know how to program or set up a drum machine app

2) Drum session -the best thing to EZdrummer,simple, quick and effective, i would love to try this first and foremost.

3) X drummer - great app but doesn’t play well with IAA and often hiss and cracsk

4) Rock Drum machine or rock DM - i hear its almost like drum session

What do you think about these apps and can you compare and see what you can suggest?

Drum session is definitely my first choice
The second would be rock drum machine
Finally x drummer is alright and DPP is so amazing it’s too hard for me lol

Back
Top Bottom