Three EV-2 pedals loses mechanical calibration and my solution (HELP PLZ)

EV-2 Gear Jump Issue, Plastic spacer Fix
View attachment 55119 View attachment 55120

Time required: 5-10 minutes.
Tools needed: 11mm wrench or socket wrench. Philips screwdriver.

View attachment 55121

Remove the rubber feet and bottom cover.

View attachment 55122

If needed re-align the rack gear and pot gear by moving the pedal to the heel position then hold the spring loaded rack gear towards the front of the pedal. You should now be able to spin the pot gear with the other hand. Turn the pot gear counter clock-wise all the way to the stop position then release the the rack gear. Test if pedal moves freely from heel to toe. STOP. Plug the pedal into your Fractal device and navigate to the pedal calibration page. Test to make sure the pedal sweeps from the lowest to highest points on the scale. If the pedal tracks correctly continue to the next step. If not rinse and repeat.

View attachment 55123 View attachment 55124

Remove the 11mm nut and washer from the input jack.
Move input jack back out of the way. Move the pedal to the heel position.

View attachment 55125 View attachment 55126

Insert Plastic spacer so that the thin strip goes down behind the rack gear and the hole aligns with the hole in the case.

View attachment 55127

Next post!

you can solve the problem cleanly, quickly and imagine that it has been very good.
Thank you very much. I will try to do the way you did and then show the result of the work.
I'm happy to be part of a Forum with so many helpful people. thank you.

My Mission pedal is useless because the plastic loop friction is the
only thing keeping the treadle in place. I have tightened it as much
as possible and the pedal will not hold position. It looks like they took
a nylon cable tie and screwed it to the case. The pedal keeps falling
no matter what the position.

This would make your Mission pedal very much useful again :). Try it on Fractal pedals too, spring-loaded + auto-engage is really nice.

Last edited:
My Mission pedal is useless because the plastic loop friction is the
only thing keeping the treadle in place. I have tightened it as much
as possible and the pedal will not hold position. It looks like they took
a nylon cable tie and screwed it to the case. The pedal keeps falling
no matter what the position. I tried a larger loop but it puts too much
pressure on the treadle and makes it impossible to operate smoothly.
It's a pretty lame design. The pedal is now only used at home, not gig worthy.

Not sure how I missed this before, but that loop is NOT what keeps the pedal in place.

There is an Allen screw under the pedal (look from the heel side) that controls tension on the bar the treadle is attached to.

I have sent out a few of my gear jump stopper plates and figured I would put a PDF of the part here so people could make their own if they choose. Print the PDF at 100% scale. The thickness of the plastic is equal to two credit cards. A plastic storage container would be an easily accessible material to make these out of plus you could cut them with scissors or a utility knife.

Attachments

• EVJumpPlate.pdf
    292.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Sounds like a design flaw and a "fix-it kit" should be available from FAS.
Fortunately I never experienced the problem :)

Last edited:
I have sent out a few of my gear jump stopper plates and figured I would put a PDF of the part here so people could make their own if they choose. Print the PDF at 100% scale. The thickness of the plastic is equal to two credit cards. A plastic storage container would be an easily accessible material to make these out of plus you could cut them with scissors or a utility knife.

@Tom Morris

Hi Tom, sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I just received two EV-2 pedals, and one of them has a heel click. Would your device stop this?

Domestique I would try rotating the pot gear one tooth against the rack gear. From your video it looks like the pot can't turn any further and the rack gear is still trying to turn it. More than likely not tested correctly when assembled. Wondering are the silicone heel stop pads in place?

Place pedal upside down on a table.
Remove feet screws and bottom cover.
Make sure the pedal is in the heel down position, pedal still upside down.
Pull the spring loaded rack gear back away from the pot gear.
Turn the pot gear one tooth in the direction on my diagram then release rack gear.

Test the travel of the pedal to make sure it's not jumping at stop in the toe down position. If all is well recalibrate the pedal in your device to make sure it has 100% travel.

EV2.jpg

Last edited:
Domestique I would try rotating the pot gear one tooth against the rack gear. From your video it looks like the pot can't turn any further and the rack gear is still trying to turn it. More than likely not tested correctly when assembled. Wondering are the silicone heel stop pads in place?

Turn the pot gear one tooth in the direction on my diagram then release rack gear.

Test the travel of the pedal to make sure it's not jumping at stop in the toe down position. If all is well recalibrate the pedal in the in your device to make sure it has 100% travel.

View attachment 114151
Appreciate it Tom. I tried the fix and it seemed to work for a couple iterations, but now the rack gear teeth are skipping every gear.

I have it currently in the mail going back under a RMA.

Edit to add: I think your plastic piece mod would probably fix my pedal. I may install these in my other pedal and replacement pedal as a preventative measure.

Last edited:

Test the travel of the pedal to make sure it's not jumping at stop in the toe down position. If all is well recalibrate the pedal in your device to make sure it has 100% travel.

View attachment 114151
Great work on this. Just got one and it skipped on mint tonight. any left over Tom?

Back
Top Bottom