Three Amp Tones FM3 Demo

Sounds great! Is the AC20 everyone's favorite Vox type? Keven Eknes picked that as one of his handful of amps to show off as well.

Quote from April 2019. I would sure love it if Cliff would re-confirm this is still true. I guess my fear is that they've since had to make further compromises to get it to run well on the lesser CPU. Even if that were the case, I'm sure it still sounds great, otherwise they would never ship the thing. It may be so close you really can't hear the difference, thus becoming just a technicality.

If you watch a good movie on your HD TV, the picture quality may be great, but the same movie is (technically) even better in 4K. But if you sit back far enough there's no difference at all, because then the limitation is your eyes.

Last edited:
April 2019.

Oh, so you’re implying that perhaps the quality has been reduced since that date? I would think that out of everything, giving you identical tones to its big brother would be top priority. Hmm, I guess only Cliff, Matt, or the engineers could answer that.

Oh, so you’re implying that perhaps the quality has been reduced since that date? I would think that out of everything, giving you identical tones to its big brother would be top priority. Hmm, I guess only Cliff, Matt, or the engineers could answer that.
Actually I think it's been improved since last April, at that time it was said that the reverb block was running on the same core as the amp block, while now it's on the main core (aka more processing power available for the amp block and its future development).

Furthermore, according to the blocks guide, the only parameters missing from the amp block are those related to the bias tremolo, input dynamics and other unauthentic controls are still there.

Last edited:
Not tryin to be a jerk.. I just think it's a quick answer and I'd love to become one of the voices saying "it sounds exactly the same!" if it's actually true

You’ve got questions before you give them your money for their product. Totally understandable.

For equivalent AMP+CAB presets, I can't tell my III and FM3 apart. Testing them side-by-side, I have to be very careful to track which unit my A/B box has my guitar running in to.
I'm curious to know if also the aliasing level (or oversampling rate) is the same between the two units. I'll verify this myself as soon as I have an FM3 in my hands but this is probably months away since I'm in EU.

Actually I think it's been improved since last April, at that time it was said that the reverb block was running on the same core as the amp block, while now it's on the main core (aka more processing power available for the amp block and its future development).
Where have they said that?

Back
Top Bottom