Wish Three amp blocks

ya! - would like to try the Brian May thing with precision: stereo fx into L / R amps, dry to Center. Though theoretically should be doable with 2 I guess.

I wish there was an Axe III "sidecar" unit, maybe only 1 or 2 rack spaces, which could be joined to one's Axe III via a ribbon cable (or however), and which gave you the ability to have a few more rows and columns on the grid, and which gave you enough processing power to have an extra 2 amps, plus extra drives, extra everything that a normal Axe III has, but with only minimal user interface. The "sidecar" would basically operated through the Axe III's front interface, appearing as extra options. It might also offer an extra set of outputs or FX loops (since there's panel space, why not use it?) and, on the front, some extra software knobs. (And of course, it'd cost rather less than the Axe III itself.)

I recognize that the market volume doesn't exist; I recognize that at the small economies-of-scale it'd actually be just as expensive as the Axe III itself; I get the economic reality.

But that's what'd scratch my itch to have 4 amps, plus some other stuff, and is plausible from a technical perspective, and would allow people who don't want the extra power to skip buying the extra power.

I wish there was an Axe III "sidecar" unit, maybe only 1 or 2 rack spaces, which could be joined to one's Axe III via a ribbon cable (or however), and which gave you the ability to have a few more rows and columns on the grid, and which gave you enough processing power to have an extra 2 amps, plus extra drives, extra everything that a normal Axe III has, but with only minimal user interface. The "sidecar" would basically operated through the Axe III's front interface, appearing as extra options. It might also offer an extra set of outputs or FX loops (since there's panel space, why not use it?) and, on the front, some extra software knobs. (And of course, it'd cost rather less than the Axe III itself.)

I recognize that the market volume doesn't exist; I recognize that at the small economies-of-scale it'd actually be just as expensive as the Axe III itself; I get the economic reality.

But that's what'd scratch my itch to have 4 amps, plus some other stuff, and is plausible from a technical perspective, and would allow people who don't want the extra power to skip buying the extra power.

That would be very cool.

As far as more than 2 amps goes in one Axe III, you can easily get it very close by running Drive blocks into Cab blocks. So for example, you could have one Amp block going to a Cab panned hard left, a second Amp block going to a Cab panned hard right, and then one or more Drive blocks going to either or both those cabs, depending on where in the stereo image you want the third "amp" to sit.
ya! - would like to try the Brian May thing with precision: stereo fx into L / R amps, dry to Center. Though theoretically should be doable with 2 I guess.

If the stereo fx need to hit the front end of the Left and Right amps to get some drive onto those effects (vs just having the L & R amps to receive fx into their fx loops), then you could do this by having one Amp block in the centre going to both Cabs (panned hard left and right), a second Amp block (only getting the Left side of the wet effects) only going into the Left cab, and a Drive block (only getting the Right side of the wet effects) only going into the Right cab. You would just need to find a Drive block that could be dialled in to sound close to the Amp..which would be pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom