Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wager Fractal has a roadmap, perhaps a whiteboard in the office, or a shared spreadsheet, but I suspect there is one.

So no, there isn't a public roadmap I was referring to, but other ideas that have been shared by Fractal folks that aren't in the code, yet. Those ideas would do my and my bands more good. I'd prefer them to move forward first.

Between channels, scenes, presets, dual cabs and dual amps, plus all the possible FX before and after... we have so much flexibility its amazing.

It will be slo good having a 3rd amp block, I play in a Queen tribute and I normally do wet amps fully panned and dry in the middle.
At the minute I have to survive with a fully panned 2 amp setup one dry and one wet, hope they upgrade this option sooner than later!!!

question for the admins, is there any chance if the pool says we will use it you enable this feature in one of the updates?Does the AXEIII ha enough CPU to do that?
I also find it quite interesting to run all the band through the Axe and you can get your bassist and your 2 guitars on it...

question for the admins, is there any chance if the pool says we will use it you enable this feature in one of the updates?Does the AXEIII ha enough CPU to do that?
I also find it quite interesting to run all the band through the Axe and you can get your bassist and your 2 guitars on it...
I think your question is really for Fractal employees, not forum admins.

Note that this poll was created by The Creator - he wouldn't have posted if it wasn't possible :)

It will be slo good having a 3rd amp block, I play in a Queen tribute and I normally do wet amps fully panned and dry in the middle.
At the minute I have to survive with a fully panned 2 amp setup one dry and one wet, hope they upgrade this option sooner than later!!!
I would wonder if there is enough processing power for three amps along with two of them being wet.
Sounds like a big ask but I am for it if possible.

I vote YES, PLEASE!!! This could be useful beyond what channels or scenes can provide. Given the function of scenes and channels, the 2nd amp block is really useful for running them both at the same time, as opposed to switching between them as you would with scenes/channels. You can really layer up some thick tones this way. I think the 3rd amp block would be very helpful for those who want to bi-amp AND also want to run another guitarist or bass player through the same AxeFX III. This would give them an amp block to use. If it was a bass player, you could go the DI route and not use an amp block but this might not give the best bass tone when compared to using an amp block.

3 amp blocks might seem like overkill at first but, I think there are real applications for it if it becomes available.

Thanks @FractalAudio

I was going to jump on the forum this morning and resurrect this thread to see if there was any new news. Y'all beat me to it!

seems in the new beta has not been added yet, ahhh we need to keep voting and making them aware this upgrade is so so so much needed :)

I’m kind just thinking out loud here: would a third Amp Block also necessitate a third Cab Block in order to use its’ full potential? Obviously each Amp Block can be routed to a single Cab Block, however, if you have three Amp Blocks running but only two Cab Blocks then one of the Amp Blocks is going to have to share at least one of the Cab Blocks. Well, it could have its own separate Cab with the use of Channel switching, but it won’t be able to run simultaneously, (with the other two) with its own separate Cab.
I’m not sure that really matters so much anyway?

I’m kind just thinking out loud here: would a third Amp Block also necessitate a third Cab Block in order to use its’ full potential? Obviously each Amp Block can be routed to a single Cab Block, however, if you have three Amp Blocks running but only two Cab Blocks then one of the Amp Blocks is going to have to share at least one of the Cab Blocks. Well, it could have its own separate Cab with the use of Channel switching, but it won’t be able to run simultaneously, (with the other two) with its own separate Cab.
I’m not sure that really matters so much anyway?
There already is a third cab block of sorts on the III, IRplayer block, slightly less functional, but perfect (designed for?..)this application

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom