Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see people with 3 guitarists plugged into one Axe3 doing this. Or 2 guitar 1 bass. Or the synth, guitar, piezo guy. I personally could use 2 amp blocks for clean/dirty morphing and the 3rd for my acoustic guitar signal for different flavors. There is that “amp as a drive pedal” thing too.

I don’t see majority of users doing it, but with the capability, some will always find a way to cram it in there.
was thinking the same. If a band were nuts enough, you'd be able to have 2 guitarists and a bass player using 1 unit. Now to get all three with independent control and their own FCs...........

I'm still hoping for 4! :) I would like to build 2 dual rigs. Call me nuts but I do it now with my axe 3 AND my axe 2 and it's SICK

Also, I tried using channels to give me more amp options within a scene and it's a non-starter with the gap. I might as well switch presets.

With 3 amp blocks I could have a clean rig (IR loader for cab) and a dual amp and cab dirt rig and cleanly switch between them with no dropouts. With 4 amp blocks I could have 2 dual rigs I switch between on certain patches.

Please Cliff??:)

Last edited:
My favorite tone comes from using two similar amps in stereo. I get a nice “3D” effect that way and it is something I’ve always strove for. If adding a third amp block allows me this and the ability to have a quick change from my main tone to clean then yes please. If it results in a major limitation elsewhere then no. I’m fairly simple guy... I find a tone that inspires me and play. I really don’t need the ability to do anything imaginable. Been there, failed at that.

Just the ability to do a few things really well. I have a couple of Yamaha THR100HD heads. I use the Modern voicing on one side and a more classic Brit sound on the other with a bit of boost added. These two tones compliment each other in a way that sounds very rich and wide stereo to me. If adding a third block gave me an option to add a clean channel to the mix, which I do not have with the Yamaha, that would be quite nice.
I am new to the FAS world so maybe that is already possible.

Last edited:
i would use 3 amps every single day, with multiplexer instant switching i'd be in heaven. I'm in heaven now with 2. With 3 you could have your Adam Jones / Jon Siebels Mesa+Marshall rig, and still be able to have ur little dinky AC-30 or Jazz Chorus for cleans, that would be awesome.

i would use 3 amps every single day, with multiplexer instant switching i'd be in heaven. I'm in heaven now with 2. With 3 you could have your Adam Jones / Jon Siebels Mesa+Marshall rig, and still be able to have ur little dinky AC-30 or Jazz Chorus for cleans, that would be awesome.
Can you please describe what multiplexer instant switching is?

Can you please describe what multiplexer instant switching is?

the multiplexer block, you can have anything plugged into it, and in the multiplexer block you select what row it listens to, and it has 6 channels. The key difference between using it and anything else is that IT IS FAST. zero audio gap. Faster than an AB switch. Jamaican electron fast. is very satisfying. but it can only listen to one row at a time for now.

the multiplexer block, you can have anything plugged into it, and in the multiplexer block you select what row it listens to, and it has 6 channels. The key difference between using it and anything else is that IT IS FAST. zero audio gap. Faster than an AB switch. Jamaican electron fast. is very satisfying. but it can only listen to one row at a time for now.

If you want to listen to more than one row use the mixer block

Speaking for the “No” voters, this is a feature without a use case for me and my bands and we’d rather Cliff and team work on other roadmap features instead.

Human time is a zero sum game. Coffee changes only so much.

Speaking for the “No” voters, this is a feature without a use case for me and my bands and we’d rather Cliff and team work on other roadmap features instead.

Human time is a zero sum game. Coffee changes only so much.
Is there an actual Roadmap, or is the development going in more of a "I have an idea..." kinda of a way?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an actual Roadmap, or is the development going in more of a "I have an idea..." kinda of a way?...

I doubt you'll get an answer to that question. :)

My impression is that it's a bit of both, based on how FAS folks comment - there are some features planned but then Cliff gets "epiphanies" every once in a while, or implements something he considers worthwhile after reading something on the forum or whatever. I mean, how do you "roadmap" a guy like this? :)

And it's a good thing!

"epiphanies"

Yeah, we discovered some fascinating things recently. I was reading a paper about measuring the distortion characteristics of microwave amplifiers and that led us to a new class of analytic signal that reveals a lot about the distortion characteristics of tube amps. The reason the release took so long is we had to remeasure nearly every amp and collect and enter this new data.

I'm so happy with the new modeling that I've removed the old algorithms to make space for new stuff. I had just finished a new optical compressor algorithm but it wouldn't fit into memory. Now it can. Sounds like an LA-2A (but maybe better).

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom