Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having three different amps for different passages of the same song (especially to faithfully duplicate a studio recording during a live gig) only by changing scenes might be useful on a song or two (Roundabout/Your Move, etc). Playing three different amps simultaneously would be unnecessary. Diminishing returns. However, having one foot controller would be awesome.

Having three different amps for different passages of the same song (especially to faithfully duplicate a studio recording during a live gig) only by changing scenes might be useful on a song or two (Roundabout/Your Move, etc). Playing three different amps simultaneously would be unnecessary. Diminishing returns. However, having one foot controller would be awesome.
The intention, I believe, is not for 3 amps simultaneously. It is for selecting between 3 amps using the multiplexor for totally seamless switching. Using the multiplexor is faster than changing the amp channel.

I was just cracking a joke. I was paraphrasing the Roman Senator, Cato the Elder. Please forgive if I offended. It’s usually better to assume I’m joking. Besides, why would I buy a BMW, and then use a GM of China steering wheel? <—here is another joke

Thanks brad. I’ll try to be more cognizant about hot-button issues. Moreover, I advise that Carthage must be destroyed.

It’s pretty obvious. It would be a step backwards, from 8 to 3. Eh, 5 steps. That 3 amps would work for you is no valid reason to assume that it should suffice for others too.

I think we are totally misunderstanding each other here. Or at least I have no idea what you are saying.

My point is that there are 4 channels for each Amp Block currently. If people would rather just have three Amp Blocks to avoid audio dropouts then why bother having Channels if they are less preferable to having 3 separate Amp blocks? If you are using one for clean, rhythm and lead respectively then it looks like you are not going to need to use the channels.

Hope that clears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom