Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The instant advantage of this for my pro clients would be that you get one for clean, one for rhythm, and one for lead without changing channels or presets. This is the ultimate power trio.

At first I voted "No", but was only thinking of combining amp/blocks, until I read this ^^^^ so I changed my vote to yes. Would be pretty cool!

The instant advantage of this for my pro clients would be that you get one for clean, one for rhythm, and one for lead without changing channels or presets. This is the ultimate power trio.

Yes please, to a 3rd amp block - for the reason Admin M@ mention.

If possible, a 3rd cab block would jibe very gratefully received, I'd have even more use for that than the 3rd amp block

If I can be honest -from not only a creative but also a pragmatic standpoint- Having the ability to use 3 amps at the same time seems ridiculous but it can be extremely useful. I think having a 3rd cab block option would probably be necessary though...

I, for example, have started messing around with the extended outputs on the Axe3. Exploring opportunities of running multiple instruments is what, in my opinion, is the next best step for Fractal Audio products. Firstly, the Axe FX shattered the expectations of digital amp and effects modeling. Then, they reduced virtually everything about the live and recording experience: ease of use, ease of transport, cost-effectiveness, bang for your buck, direct signal / no mic bleed on stage, you name it.

If pushing the boundaries of digital modeling means going from 2 amps to 3, I don't know why anyone would say no. Isn't it nice to have an extra option anyway?

I currently use 2 amp blocks with X/Y switching between scenes to make use of 3 amps, and I never use more than 1amp block at a time. I doubt I would ever even touch the 3rd block. I don’t run parallel amps anymore, the single amps sound great on their own.
This is Axe Fx III - we have Channels, not X/Y;)

I voted yes, but the caveat as others have said would be whether it would use CPU that could be used by other fx, and if that CPU was always taken, or only if you had a third amp block in the preset. In the III are the amps on a separate DSP like in the AX8?

Really, with 8 options already available in one preset, I can't imagine using all of those unless I'm just testing similar sounds to see which one works the best, but there are certainly times when it would be easier to think in terms of Amp 1, 2, 3 rather than Amp 1 Channel B, etc. And if that would give totally seamless switching, I'd be all for it. I love using the 2 Amp blocks on the II this way rather than x/y.

Yes, I totally would use a 3rd amp!

In particular, I think it would enable some of the crossfading tricks I like to do with scene changes.

At present, with 2 amps, one can do no more than Crossfade from Amp #1 to Amp #2, and back. That gives ya' basically a clean sound and a crunch sound. That's enough for some songs, but not all.

Now, a 3rd Amp allows one to crossfade smoothly between a clean, a crunch, and a lead (or whatever).

It's not quite as cool as crossfading channel changes, which is the WISH that I've talked about ad nauseam. THAT would be smooth crossfading between 4 options (Channels A, B, C, and D). This is only 3 options (Amp Blocks 1, 2, and 3).

Still, it's closer.

I said yes just to have the option, but frankly anything that makes the CPU higher I personally probably wouldn't use. I'm already right at the CPU limit.

Please add the half speed function to the looper.

The same for me.
I own a Bogner Ecstasy and I love his 3 channels green, Blu, Red.
Should be great to replicate this setup on AXE FX III

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom