Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three amps that could go down three individual lines would be incredibly useful for live and studio use. No more sharing lines for different amps and each amp can have its own FOH treatment or have different outboard gear setups in the studio.

Edit:
In my band, Taylor, the other guitar player, uses three amps with three cabs with different speakers. Our FOH guy has each amp dialed in perfectly and only touches the faders when mixing. I have a Friedman going down one side and two amps that share the other, which means that FOH has to toggle between EQ’s or make compromises depending on the song. Having three amp blocks would be a huge help in getting closer to that kind of flexibility. Would this also mean that a third cab block could be added?

Last edited:
Three amps that could go down three individual lines would be incredibly useful for live and studio use. No more sharing lines for different amps and each amp can have its own FOH treatment or have different outboard gear setups in the studio.

Edit:
In my band, Taylor, the other guitar player, uses three amps with three cabs with different speakers. Our FOH guy has each amp dialed in perfectly and only touches the faders when mixing. I have a Friedman going down one side and two amps that share the other, which means that FOH has to toggle between EQ’s or make compromises depending on the song. Having three amp blocks would be a huge help in getting closer to that kind of flexibility. Would this also mean that a third cab block could be added?

This x1000!

We just need James and Kirk to say they’d also be all for it and I think it will surely be given some very serious consideration lol

Of course, the current 2 amp blocks each has 4 channels which allows 8 amps per preset, using up to 2 simultaneously.

I would probably use it although not a necessity.

I also vote no if it uses potential cpu that can be applied to other things down the road.

If not using the 3rd amp keeps cpu usage the same then I would say why not for the people that would benefit.

Three would be great...I like to use a twin, a tube pre - for acoustic tones and fre/marshall. There are actually times I could blend all three to get a sound.

Pros:

more wdw rig options in the box.
seamless 3 channel switching. (personally doesn't bother me now)
3 players through one Axe Fx
multi live & studio feeds

Cons:

higher cpu usage (assuming)
loss of potential sales because the whole band plugs into one Axe III
need additional cab block for 3x signal chains (?)

I'm sure there's things overlooked so feel free to add.

I assume there wouldn't be a poll in the first place if there weren't a tradeoff somewhere, so I voted no. Otherwise, I don't see a reason not to do it, but not something I'd use given all the other flexibility in the scenes/channels/modifiers.

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset if there were three blocks available?

DSP allowing, why not 4? I could see wanting to re-amp 2 stereo hard-panned guitar DI tracks in real-time.

This may be a general comment, but why not expand the number of *all* the blocks so you could bulk up on any of them. With the AxeFX III integrated into a mixing setup, it is not crazy to think that one might want a patch of 8 compressors and nothing else, for example.

8 may be the "magic" number since there are 4 stereo in/out paths. But, maybe it's more if you count SPDIF or the USB?

Anyway, give us some rope - we promise we won't hang ourselves ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom