Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think many of us currently know how we would use a third amp in a preset. My question would be if having the option of having a third would open up some new possibilities. I'm not one of them but I know some people are wizards with the AXE and would be curious to see what they would come up with.

I can see people with 3 guitarists plugged into one Axe3 doing this. Or 2 guitar 1 bass. Or the synth, guitar, piezo guy. I personally could use 2 amp blocks for clean/dirty morphing and the 3rd for my acoustic guitar signal for different flavors. There is that “amp as a drive pedal” thing too.

I don’t see majority of users doing it, but with the capability, some will always find a way to cram it in there.

It sure would be nice to have the option. For example there are some really nice dual amp sounds to be had, then you could still have another amp block left to multiplex to a different sound.

I currently use 2 amp blocks with X/Y switching between scenes to make use of 3 amps, and I never use more than 1amp block at a time. I doubt I would ever even touch the 3rd block. I don’t run parallel amps anymore, the single amps sound great on their own.

Yeah 4 would be sweet for us who run FRFR and poweramp/cab because of the shared spkr drive and speaker settings.
That would be 2 amps to FOH and 2 amps to poweramp/cab

The vast majority of mine use one... especially with channels and scenes being what they are on the III... Unless we get a third cab block I doubt I would have much use for three amplifiers in parallel.

Don’t need it but wouldn’t mind it. I don’t think anything else in the market can do three amps ?

I have seen guys run 3 amp rigs with hardware so if you really wanted something like a champ, super reverb and plexi all running at once, with different effects chains into each, it would be pretty sweet to be able to do that in the Axe

With the power this unit is getting we could probably make just one preset able to handle a gigs worth of tones with all the channels and scenes and instances of effects.

We used to call those presets “kitchen sink”, but now it’s like the full house lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom