Thoughts , worries , Feels ......and Perceptions ......on Firmwares....And Future.

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi , i don t if this thread needs to be ....but it is ,
Until a few days , and i take a look at it oftently , most of the posts on the Firmware 12.03 thread are dealing with Amp modeling improvments .......a real subjective and personnal feel , which is pertubating most of us who want to know ....the truth ,
What may have Cliff improve in this firmware ....on Ampmodelling.....???
But many other thoughts came to my mind ,
We had the chance , the privilege to have lots of new firmware in a few weeks , neraly unbelievable and hard to follow.
Can anybody know precisly what has been upgrade in each recent firmware ...??
It has bring to me a few thoughts .....
How does Cliff manage to improve each time which appears to be perfect when a new firmware is released ....????
We had so much improvments recently .....what can we expect in the next weeks ...months ??? will Cliff keep on giving us lots of gift , improvments ?? is he able to ??
And also a question came to me ....How Cliff has reach the capacity of the Axe III....??
It s in my mind, what our future of Axe Fx III user will be made of .....???
This let us with lots of dreams , expectations , hopes ......and desire of discovering it .
As a french , it has not been easy to express all my ideas , surely lots of mistakes ...!!!!!
Sorry for that
Fafa

-Perfection is an illusion- there is accuracy, and Fractal has consistently shown rapid innovation and improvement throughout their history in making the Axe Fx lineup as accurate as possible.
-In terms of keeping up with firmware updates, your best bet is to read through the release notes carefully.
-Given Fractals history of improvement and innovation, I think it's safe to say that we can expect further updates as new amps, effects, and innovations are developed. (That said, I'd be perfectly content with my AF3 just as it is right now.)
-It's hard to say what the future holds, so maybe the best advice I was given regarding gear and tone was printed on the inside of my Blackstone Overdrive pedal, and I don't mean to be rude, I just think it's good advice for us gearheads-
BlackstoneAppliancesCircuit3.jpg

Most touring guys I know and most of the famous players that use Fractal gear tend to be way behind in firmware updates. That shows us that real pros are doing just fine with “out dated” firmware and are not really concerned about every new nuance in the tone and every new effect, etc. They get a great tone that works for them and want it to sound good every night without fail - simple. There’s a lesson here for all of us. I admit to getting caught up in having the latest thing but I know deep down it makes little difference for me when I’m doing my normal gig.

I've got zero concerns. I've got a III after playing through the same, shitty solid state Peavey XXL head for over 15 years. I made that Peavey work for whatever situation I was in so I can CERTAINLY make the III work for me for years from now. I'm just enjoying the ride now. I don't need to update it every time an update comes out but I do just to see whats going on. These are the best guitars tones I've had in my life.

I've got zero concerns. I've got a III after playing through the same, shitty solid state Peavey XXL head for over 15 years. I made that Peavey work for whatever situation I was in so I can CERTAINLY make the III work for me for years from now. I'm just enjoying the ride now. I don't need to update it every time an update comes out but I do just to see whats going on. These are the best guitars tones I've had in my life.
Of course I will , I often wait quite a long time before upgrading , 11.01 has been in my Axe for quite a long time , if there weren’t these new flangers and phasers I did not felt the need of upgrading

I enjoy the cutting edge, including all that goes with it. I firmly embrace every upgrade in firmware, regardless of any slight imperfection. It always gets better.

Having said that.
If I was a touring musician at this moment, I would only upgrade at the end, or break in a tour. Touring can be hard enough, without tweaking.

Basically I came to the conclusion that my AxeFxII is all I'd ever need. If I had to go back to it, I could, and wouldn't ever need another amplifier.

Anything new that comes via the axeIII should be viewed as a bonus in my opinion. I don't want Cliff and co dividing up their time by committing to educate us on exactly whats happening in firmware updates because understanding it is frankly irrelevant. Play it if you like it, jump ship if you don't.

Basically I came to the conclusion that my AxeFxII is all I'd ever need. If I had to go back to it, I could, and wouldn't ever need another amplifier.

Anything new that comes via the axeIII should be viewed as a bonus in my opinion. I don't want Cliff and co dividing up their time by committing to educate us on exactly whats happening in firmware updates because understanding it is frankly irrelevant. Play it if you like it, jump ship if you don't.
Very well said IMO

Speaking only for myself, if the Axe 3 firmware updates stopped today, I wouldn't be bothered at all. The 3's sound quality will not deteriorate, and they will still be worth every penny I spent on them (I have two...One for back-up). The fact that Cliff continues to pump out FW updates with new features and models, is just (very, very thick) icing on the cake. My gig schedule is heavy enough that I rarely do FW updates as they come out anyway, and I never do beta's. I just went from 10.02 to 12.03 this past weekend....That's how far behind I was.

I already got my axe to sound and feel like my Mark V back on launch firmware. From that point forward any updates that have changed my sound (slightly) resulted in me dialing it "back" to my sound. I feel if you're like me and play through a cab with a power amp, the authenticity of the feel and tone have been there since launch. I haven't received a firmware update and thought, "NOW, it sounds and feels like an amp" Maybe the frfr people can chime in on how that side of thing feels and sounds compared to firmware 1. I love the updates for all the other things like new amps, faster switching, performance pages, boiiiiiing in the reverb etc.

I keep struggling with if I need or do not need a tube amp. I don't know why I do this because quite frankly, the III sounds every bit as good.
I think it has more to do with the fact that this is the first time I haven't had a tube amp in the house for more than 37 years!

Back
Top Bottom