Thoughts on the Blueridge BR-341?

jma

Inspired
I'm in the market for an "0" style acoustic guitar for old-timey fingerstyle blues. I'd like to keep the cost under $1000. The Blueridge BR-341 looks interesting. Are the saddle and bridge pin upgrades something I should consider? I might also be interested in a pickup for plugging into the Axe-Fx, but again I wouldn't know what to get. :?

Did you get anywhere with this? I'd love to hear of your findings. I'm interested in a Parlor Guitar as of late. I'm working on some Nick Drake stuff and like the intimate tone of a small-body.

After much agonizing I bought the Blueridge and I have no regrets. Since the guitar was fairly cheap compared to what I usually pay for an instrument, I got some extra goodies including the Ebony bridge pin upgrade, K&K Mini Pure Western pickup, and a very nice C-260 Superior II padded gig bag all from the same seller (Maury's Music). Total cost was under $900.

I bought the pickup mainly for easy tuning but sometimes I plug into the Axe-Fx for grins. Everyone who plays it is impressed with the sound quality for such a "cheap" instrument. The nut tends to grab the strings when you're tuning so you may want to get some nut sauce. (I haven't bothered, it's not that critical.)

Sorry I can't compare it to other models. This is the first acoustic I've owned since the 90's. As parlor guitars go, this was the best bang for the buck at the time and I've had no inclination to look for a replacement.

Blueridge is the Schecter of acoustic guitars. Great guitars for the money that seem to defy logic in how they do it.

Back
Top Bottom