Thoughts on purchasing an older interface

I currently run an 18i20 in my studio and discovered that one of the channels went out.

Although I could easily work around it, I just do not like knowing that the centerpiece of my studio has a deficiency..

I've been looking around and have been eyeing some second-hand RME Fireface UFX units that can be had for ~1.2k.

I've heard nothing but awesome things about RME and their interfaces, but being that this is an older unit, would it still be worth getting? I'm not really looking to spend more than ~1k and I'd like to have as many analog ins/outs as I can for tracking live.

My main concerns are with regard to aging components and it potentially becoming obsolete in the near future as some older interfaces from that era already have.

Thoughts?

RME stuff is pretty damn solid. I used to use focusrite but eventually jumped on the bandwagon.

The only annoying thing with my fireface 800 is that I had to buy a microsoft surface dial, convert MS volume to MIDI and then send it into the fireface midi in to control its volume physically!!!

Back
Top Bottom