1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on future Axe-Fx being able to used used as plugin in DAW

Discussion in 'Plug-Ins' started by Joseph J C, Mar 21, 2018.

?

Would you like to run Axe Edit as a plug on you DAW?

1. yes

40 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. ElectricPhase

ElectricPhase
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

If there were features which integrated my Axe III seamlessly into my DAW, I would certainly use them!

2. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

If I could have the sound, feel, and real-time near zero latency response of the III as a vst, I would be all for it. I’d also sell my hardware as vst would be fine for home use.

A ton of people would. A ton of people would also like to get their hands on a cracked software they didn’t need a hardware key too.

“Download a $2500 hardware modeler for free off Pirate Bay ? Sounds good, I can’t afford a III and it’s overpriced anyways. Plus they’ve already sold plenty..... I’m not hurting anyone, I just play for fun at home. I’d buy it if I made a real album.... etc”

Selling high end hardware as fast as you can build them? Solid business move. Offer a VST and hope you can contain it ? Not so smart IMO....

The return just doesn’t seem worth the risks involved, from a sales standpoint, not to mention what if folks try to run it on a low spec PC then complain it sounds glitchy etc, blaming the software for hardware issue seems like something we’d see plenty of, same with lag etc, then the net gets it in their collective head the Axe vst is laggy because someone said so in a review so it must be true.

All too often we see companies switch from a hardware product, to the software market, to disappearing.

3. Gonwild

Gonwild
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Has Fractal confirmed or denied this is something they plan on releasing in the future? (I don't think so)
    Has the FAS Reverb plugin been hacked? (I don't think so)
    Why is Line 6 thinking different about releasing a VST?

just speculating..

4. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I'd guess that 1) the FAS Reverb is a very niche product that likely has such a small demand that its unlikely it would be cracked. I think the Axe-Fx VST would have a much larger market, as surely all the people who use Bias, Amplitube et al., would surely like to take a try at the "big time" lol, and for that matter, Amplitube has been cracked and is all over the net....

But, IK, much like Line6, probably do more sales volume in a day than FAS does in a more, if not longer, so it could be said that cracked software maybe hurts their bottom line a bit less.... Its like does stealing $20 from Walmart who's doing $200,000 in sales hurt them more than stealing $20 from a little mom and pop store that does $200 in sales ? Its wrong either way, but easier to absorb when your doing huge volume.

Photoshop is the more cracked software out there, but, Adobe still is doing over 1 billion dollars business, so yeah....