Thoughts on EVH 5150III EL34 2x12 Cabinet

teof

Inspired
Hey guys,
I am wondering if any one of you have experience with the EVO 5150III EL34 2x12 Cabinet and would share your experience with it.
I am looking to dabble with pairing up my FM9 with a cabinet powered by Seymour Duncan Powerstage 200. Grateful to receive your opinions.

Hey guys,
I am wondering if any one of you have experience with the EVO 5150III EL34 2x12 Cabinet and would share your experience with it.
I am looking to dabble with pairing up my FM9 with a cabinet powered by Seymour Duncan Powerstage 200. Grateful to receive your opinions.
I think the cabinet is great but I don’t like the G12 H30s. I bought a used empty one and put the EVH Celestion greenbacks in it, and I am surprised how much I like it.

I am not a fan of that cabinet at all. I've had a couple of them over the years and I just don't like what I was getting out of either of them.

I had a white one (cool looking cabinet for sure) and it was good. I'd previously owned a Rivera Knucklehead 4x12T and that smoked basically anything with its British V30's, but the 5150III cab holds up nicely.

looks like it isnt the best of choice here. Any recommendation for a good 2x12 to go with Axe?

Chalk me up in the G12H30 hater camp. Personally I'm an FRFR kinda guy but if I were going to go with a general purpose cab it would be one of two setups: either a Mesa Vintage 30 cab, or a G12M/G12H Creamback mix cab.

I tried out the 212 cab, with a 2018 5150iii 6L6 50 watt purchase, didnt like it at all. It wasn't the el34 or stealth, but had the anniversary speakers.

bought a pair of new G12EVH and a pair of new V30's in 2018, put one of each on a budda pine cab.

Love it.

Put the other 2 in a Marshall 1960B 412 with a pair of G12T-75s on the bottom, that sits in the rehearsals room.

I'm going 4CM though, no amp modeling.

Had one for awhile and actually liked the stock speakers once they broke in (it’s also built very well). Biggest problem with that cab is the single top handle. At 60lbs dual
Side handles would be much more manageable. It comes with castors, but those aren’t always useful; ie stairs.

Back
Top Bottom