Thoughts on Dynacord AXM 12A?

Andy G

Inspired
Hi all,

Looking for a FRFR solution in Australia. Have pretty much settled on the Dynacord AXM 12A based on the few reviews I can find online, but keen to get input from anyone on this forum who has had experience with this speaker.

I have considered getting a Xitone wedge shipped out to Australia, but I like being able to deal with a local supplier/distributor for any potential warranty/repair issues.

I know Atomic CLRs get rave reviews here as well, but they are quite expensive compared to the Dynacord (A$1900 vs A$1300).

Other speakers I've considered are the Yamaha DXR10 or the QSC K10.

Are there any other options I should be considering? My budget is A$1500 maximum, would prefer ~A$1000. I don't need anything extremely loud, but I would prefer something that doesn't have much background hiss and sounds good at bedroom levels. Size/weight is not the biggest concern.

Thanks,

Andrew

The Dynacord is great! The CLR may be a tiny bit better, but it's also heavier and the Dynacord has some great options. I had both and sold the CLR.
I don't know the Xitone and the Yamaha, so I can't compare.
I also had the K10, it can't compete with the Dynacord at all.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I'll go with the Dynacord then. If it's basically on par with the CLR then that'll make me quite happy.

Cheers!

HI Andrew,

I'm looking at this speaker as well for my AX8 - did you end up buying one? What do you think of it?

Cheers

Steve

HI Andrew,

I'm looking at this speaker as well for my AX8 - did you end up buying one? What do you think of it?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,
No, I ended up getting a pair of Adam A7X monitors instead. Still got the dynacord on the 'to buy' list. If you do end up getting one, let me know what you think!
Cheers,
Andrew

Sounds great Andrew
I saw one of the Aus retailers had the Dynacord for $1188 so it’s tempting
Cheers

No I’m in Brissy so can’t test one. IMA are here and import the Atomic CLR but it’s a bit too pricey for me

There was a Friedman ASM 12 just recently on Gumtree up here for $800 used - was tempting and gets great reviews also, but just too big and heavy for me. The Dynacord is like the "Goldilocks" of a FRFR wedge for the AX8 - nice and compact and light but has enough grunt and clarity.

No I’m in Brissy so can’t test one. IMA are here and import the Atomic CLR but it’s a bit too pricey for me

I'll see if I can get down to JD Sound and Lighting in the next couple of weeks to try one out. As much for my own sake as anything. Although from what I've heard of Dynacord, it's likely to be good.

Hi Andy,

I found a company in Sydney (Pro Sound and Lighting) who have the Dynacord a bit cheaper $1099 (plus $10 postage). I'm sure if you go to JD they'll match the price

Cheers

Hi Andy,

I found a company in Sydney (Pro Sound and Lighting) who have the Dynacord a bit cheaper $1099 (plus $10 postage). I'm sure if you go to JD they'll match the price

Cheers
Cheers! When my wallet recovers from the Axe-Fx III, I'll keep that in mind!

Back
Top Bottom