Thoughts about Gr Guitar AT G210A ST

I put my 110A on the Ampwedge which angles it up a bit, I use it on my other amps as well.

Yesterday I was playing with adding 3-4" circle of carboard over the center to help tame and spread out the top end of the center tweeter a bit. Similiar to the Weber Beam Blocker. It definitely smooths out the top end a bit at volume.

Hello.
I don't have experience on Laney but for the price difference i think the laney will do the job.
If the weight is an issue to you (for me it is) then the GR is a good choice. You will have to put it on a stand an tweek a little because the sound is very directional.
The stereo capability is very nice to have. The stereo "spread" is good, but in context with a band is not easy to take advantage... it takes time to adjust.
Volume is not a problem...
After these first 3 months i am very happy with it.
I hope it helps you!
Thanks for the input! I actually was able to get the GR for only $150 more than the Laney because it was a demo unit on Reverb. I figured the Laney is also easier to find so if I want to obtain that later, I can.

I've always gone direct and use in ears in my cover band. I just joined an original pop punk band as a lead guitar player. The singer/rhythm guitar player uses an Orange combo (talked about a half stack). I want the ability to have stage volume that looks like a cab somewhat if need be. The Laney has the better look, but the weight of the GR really intrigued me since I'm not excited about lugging a 46 pound Laney cab around when I'm used to the Direct lifestyle haha.

I'll have to play with EQ for the output for the cab. I'm also trying to dial in my pop punk tone to match the other guitarist's tone better.

@gitfruit @fabel Any update on how you're liking the GR Guitar AT G210A ST? I'm currently debating between that and a Laney LFR112. I like the look of the Laney better and it has a lot of really good reviews online but I like how light the AT G210A is and the fact that it can be stereo in one unit.

I recently gigged my now 2 GR210As and am still very pleased. The ultralight weight is really comfortable when you have to carry your gear yourself! Makes a big difference for me and my old back. Soundwise my CLRs sound better and have a wider spread, but the GRs are good enough for me as a backline. I tried the 500 Hz-dip but that didn´t do it for me, I leave everything flat.
Here´s how I set them up as backline:
GR210 stack.jpg

There is a 1x12 for sale for 750 on Facebook market place in Austin. Spoke with the guy, he is just getting out of the modelling thing.

I received my 2x10 yesterday. I am amazed by how light it is to the point that I'm almost worried if it'll affect it. I played with it for just 30 minutes yesterday. They sound very different from my HS8 studio monitors. They do sound much more like a live guitar cab, though.

I've been a bit miffed with my HS8 monitors lately, so I won't use them as the gold standard. The HS8s seem really bright and bring out some frequencies I don't like in guitar tones which has been leading me to cut a lot in that treble range, making my tone darker than expected on other systems.

Hello.
As far as it can be!
The two speakers are side by side in the box, so you cant expect the stereo wide open!
I think it sounds quite nice if you are not more than 3 or 4 meters away from it!
If you want to translate that to the audience, you will need to use two independent speakers separated from each other!
If you also connect your sound to the PA system (be shure to respect left and right) the GR does the job very nicely!

How is the stereo spread? Is it nice and noticeable?
As @fabel said, you are limited by the distance from the two speakers. However, my opinion is that running two different amps hard panned left/right sounds better with the stereo setup than through a mono speaker. Whether anyone else notices is anyone's guess.

While I don't like the term, playing with the cab definitely has a more "amp in the room" feel than through normal PA speakers or studio monitors. It's definitely directional and you lose high frequencies if you're not in it's beam. For me, I think it fits the need for stage volume if I'm playing with another guitarist that has an amp on the stage. Hard to be a lead guitarist if the people up front only hear the rhythm guitar.

I haven't had the need to gig with it yet. I currently plan on bringing it to my gig when I fill in with my friend's band in a month. If nothing else, it serves as a great stand for my 6U shallow rack that my FX3 is in!

I--ymauf2C09OcbyFCjL7bHb55mt5BhQGbQgncl6joGphKKkmTzgBwmWfpyFKuEpWagh9HS1omp33Xa6TbZncavOr8HlXMNuoIQJu0NVBKDEMQzFm93pFpKIi19UqAgFmlHmuCwaD71JurS0yrD9ayDhgbJzDE3Fea_zCnteGgjkY0uXFWfieTckGU6JV9F8KqT77oDbl6rb2sePYOQLzHLOKniEadVfnXd_HGxal2UM4G7kXO5ClKDMevd_RVjJ22SfIrm_M2UoprKYTj5UzR9VngHC0GSkeYlRv3y27lA-u_g0CiRweSCjRJsrAfZR8beLpUVeZhuKsofAWuJxOUPaIRHjngeeaVt-agWbA_23xrqtaMpeqoKYWVV3w0GXXUYav5KRJkwe5e7BgPaskpp7U-JfwiDaVBQPC321fvoshK5HEBd8L04-IUW8lO6kbZ0NwWNvfxKrlguHog7VSQT2O5l_0vcVi0jQ46Fti6SmJbSl6m9R52e5XXiyu3y94PHXrKyr36SF_RIKX6bRsG3de568U-Au8K4U1byatwdhyCh-ctNrO_ui8iBfwl2sGzR7g5gEMemylqTn8aKjpvXSI5Q1CpwO0gMSvfCit7oIwjWed0SACb63jA3EEyT1q1O8L6mQsX84CTzXCJCrhM7gSMCh-A4vR9U-eKMfnNKT5_lt5qF_GVKLqSMx4RglZh4meNuUQD9WJbLVP_56J4KWZmZy7PIcMVb6pvhH_RJOGtrfMoYdkLkG-C7Evsf7U_JfOcKPRNv4b6HKcQ63atKxK0rnBFpbqr7ZQDlxwzMoiUJR3XyyjS9k3t4E7uks0nbloXgikbSmobR7CCHpXhP1Hcnn-2t-_BaR6k_20JnzGaxXe9SQoOucRUQeENzvfGhdozPnk8efaXiyDvUgDj_VTmtIeCcJzufLBMAQWRZeCg=w1215-h1283-s-no

As @fabel said, you are limited by the distance from the two speakers. However, my opinion is that running two different amps hard panned left/right sounds better with the stereo setup than through a mono speaker. Whether anyone else notices is anyone's guess.

While I don't like the term, playing with the cab definitely has a more "amp in the room" feel than through normal PA speakers or studio monitors. It's definitely directional and you lose high frequencies if you're not in it's beam. For me, I think it fits the need for stage volume if I'm playing with another guitarist that has an amp on the stage. Hard to be a lead guitarist if the people up front only hear the rhythm guitar.

I haven't had the need to gig with it yet. I currently plan on bringing it to my gig when I fill in with my friend's band in a month. If nothing else, it serves as a great stand for my 6U shallow rack that my FX3 is in!

I--ymauf2C09OcbyFCjL7bHb55mt5BhQGbQgncl6joGphKKkmTzgBwmWfpyFKuEpWagh9HS1omp33Xa6TbZncavOr8HlXMNuoIQJu0NVBKDEMQzFm93pFpKIi19UqAgFmlHmuCwaD71JurS0yrD9ayDhgbJzDE3Fea_zCnteGgjkY0uXFWfieTckGU6JV9F8KqT77oDbl6rb2sePYOQLzHLOKniEadVfnXd_HGxal2UM4G7kXO5ClKDMevd_RVjJ22SfIrm_M2UoprKYTj5UzR9VngHC0GSkeYlRv3y27lA-u_g0CiRweSCjRJsrAfZR8beLpUVeZhuKsofAWuJxOUPaIRHjngeeaVt-agWbA_23xrqtaMpeqoKYWVV3w0GXXUYav5KRJkwe5e7BgPaskpp7U-JfwiDaVBQPC321fvoshK5HEBd8L04-IUW8lO6kbZ0NwWNvfxKrlguHog7VSQT2O5l_0vcVi0jQ46Fti6SmJbSl6m9R52e5XXiyu3y94PHXrKyr36SF_RIKX6bRsG3de568U-Au8K4U1byatwdhyCh-ctNrO_ui8iBfwl2sGzR7g5gEMemylqTn8aKjpvXSI5Q1CpwO0gMSvfCit7oIwjWed0SACb63jA3EEyT1q1O8L6mQsX84CTzXCJCrhM7gSMCh-A4vR9U-eKMfnNKT5_lt5qF_GVKLqSMx4RglZh4meNuUQD9WJbLVP_56J4KWZmZy7PIcMVb6pvhH_RJOGtrfMoYdkLkG-C7Evsf7U_JfOcKPRNv4b6HKcQ63atKxK0rnBFpbqr7ZQDlxwzMoiUJR3XyyjS9k3t4E7uks0nbloXgikbSmobR7CCHpXhP1Hcnn-2t-_BaR6k_20JnzGaxXe9SQoOucRUQeENzvfGhdozPnk8efaXiyDvUgDj_VTmtIeCcJzufLBMAQWRZeCg=w1215-h1283-s-no
... If you don't mind it pointing at your ankles :)

... If you don't mind it pointing at your ankles :)
My ankles need to hear!

But really, I have IEM's. The stage volume isn't for me and doesn't need to be over the top. Just need to make sure I'm not drowned out by a another guitarist with an amp on the stage. For my main projects where everyone is direct, it's not a problem.

Just bought one.
Want to ask to anyone who also has one, how does it compares whith your other frfr system.
Need some opinions on it.
I am just exploring it, and dont have a formed opinion on it...
I just purchased one. After this amount of time with it how do you like it?

Hi.
I use it on a stand, directing the sound to my head, connected to output 1 on the fm9.
The stand is about 1 meter in height, so the cab is not very tilted.
The tones are made at home with yamahas HS7 monitors, or sometimes with Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones, connected to output 3 of the fm9.
The fm9 is set to use graphic eq in all outputs ( I will then post here the settings for them ).
Adjusting the output eq's i can match the two tones.
Hope that this helps.
If you have more questions, just ask.

Well mine just arrived today I got the stereo version and I am using it with a quad cortex. This thing fucking kills! The volume produced by such a lightweight cabinet is astounding. And I can say the frequency response is very very flat. I have been using the same FBT 8MA that Scott Peterson had recommended so many years ago. This is literally the first change I have made in an FRFR since 2008.

Just bought one.
Want to ask to anyone who also has one, how does it compares whith your other frfr system.
Need some opinions on it.
I am just exploring it, and dont have a formed opinion on it...
I have instantly bonded with it. I literally did not change any EQ settings and it sounds perfect. It really lets the modeler do its job!
literally the first speaker change I have made in 15 years and could not be happier.

Bump, just checking in on this. I've been going crazy for the past while with real cabs and speakers and I'm frankly sick of it. I'm going to sell most of my amps/cabs and fund a nice FRFR.

The powered 210 is on my list as I run stereo IR's from my FM3, just want to see how these are holding up.

Thx.

Hello.
I have been playng for this past months with GR and i feel very confortable now...
It's a learning process! It will always be with any frfr...
The advantage is power, stereo ang weight.
I am very happy now!
Hope it helps.
Feel free to ask any specific doubts about it.

Hello.
I have been playng for this past months with GR and i feel very confortable now...
It's a learning process! It will always be with any frfr...
The advantage is power, stereo ang weight.
I am very happy now!
Hope it helps.
Feel free to ask any specific doubts about it.
Thanks!

Anyone else?

I was considering grabbing two of the fender FR10's but this seems like a much more manageable bundle for not too much more scratch.

Back
Top Bottom